5-Minute Buttery Maple Glaze is a total fall dream! Made with butter, powdered sugar, real maple syrup, vanilla, and a pinch of salt + cinnamon. This glaze goes perfectly with so many baked goods including scones, cookies, and donuts! You can even use it as a festive fruit dip! No matter how you use it, this stuff is liquid gold.
People. PEOPLE. This stuff is the REAL DEAL. I’ve been drenching anything and everything I can get my hands on in this all month. It’s so so so simple to make too!
All you need to do is melt some butter, then whisk in some real maple syrup (it’s got the BEST texture and flavor!), powdered sugar, vanilla, and a pinch of cinnamon and salt. Now that you know how easy it is to make, you can understand why I’ve been making it nonstop! And, if you tasted it, you’d be hooked too.
Ways to use Buttery Maple Glaze:
- Drizzled over Pumpkin Scones – in this variation on the glaze, I added Bourbon!
- For dunking Apple Cider Donuts in
- A luscious, decadent fruit dip for apple slices
- Pair it with my Simple Homemade Caramel Sauce for an even MORE decadent fruit dip!
- Thin it out a bit with some milk and use it as a glaze for apple fritters – stay tuned for that recipe coming on October 1st!
- Drench your morning Pumpkin Streusel Muffins in it
The possibilities are almost endless! I think this could even pair well with chocolate donuts – now I’m craving chocolate donuts, of course. Good thing we’re heading to Boston this weekend for a little fall getaway – I’ve got my eye on the chocolate donuts at Blackbird Donuts – we’ve never tried them before (we’ve only been to Boston one other time, for one day) but I’m SO excited!
I hope you all get the chance to go on a little getaway this fall to relax, eat some good food, and enjoy the fall colors! If not, you can always make jars upon jars of this amazing Maple Glaze and pour it on every thing you can get your hands on. It’s one of the best ways to experience fall. ?
Happy (non)baking, friends! And happy fall!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Buttery Maple Glaze
- 4 TBSP salted butter, melted
- 2 TBSP real maple syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tsp bourbon optional, simply omit to make this kid-friendly or if you prefer no alcohol
- Make the Glaze: Melt butter. Whisk in the maple syrup, then whisk in the remaining ingredients. If you want to thin this out more to create a thin glaze for things like apple fritters or donuts, add 2 tbsp milk.
- Serve + Store: Use on everything - donuts, scones, muffins, as a fruit dip, with caramel sauce, or just drink it plain, hehe. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Order my new book: