This Strawberry Salsa comes together in no time in a blender! Made with all the fresh goodness summer has to offer – like juicy strawberries, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, and peppers. This recipe is easy and versatile – serve it as a snack or app, or use it to dress up tacos or grilled chicken!
This post is sponsored by our friends at Oster. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible!
This summer salsa is such a breeze to make – the ingredients are fresh and simple, and using Oster’s One Touch Blender makes things even easier. Oster is celebrating their 75th Blending Anniversary this year, so you know their blenders are the real deal! Just throw in your roughly chopped ingredients, and let the blender do all the rest of the work for you!
We’re starting with a can of whole, peeled tomatoes, half of a roughly chopped onion, and a few chunks of a bell pepper. You can use a jalapeño instead, if you want a little heat.
Next, add a few handfuls of cilantro and the juice of a lime.
Finally, add in some large strawberry pieces, a little salt, and blend it up!
Just a few pushes of the “pulse” button on the easy-to-use and modern interface, and you have the most perfect chunky summer salsa. I love using the “pulse” button – it gives you more control over the final consistency of the salsa! Once you’re done blending, taste the salsa, and adjust the flavor as desired. You can always add a little more lime juice or salt to taste. I often do, heh.
This salsa is incredibly refreshing and flavorful – and since it comes together in about 15 minutes, it’s great for throwing together for any last minute guests or summer entertaining in a pinch. Some call it lazy, I call it one of those genius back-pocket recipes where you work smarter, not harder! Who has the time or desire to chop all those veggies by hand anyways!
And, you can easily snag this blender at your nearest Walmart store.
Serve this salsa with tortilla chips for a delicious appetizer or snack, or even spoon it over grilled chicken or use it on your tacos! We’ve been doing that this week with some grilled chicken tacos we made, and it’s SO good!
Happy snacking, and happy summer!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Blender Strawberry Salsa
- One, 28 ounce can, whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1/3 large green bell pepper, roughly chopped can sub for a jalapeño or two if you want spice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 handfuls cilantro
- 5 large strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and halved Quartered if they're extra large
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- Prep: Remember - the blender is doing most of the work for us with this recipe, so when I say roughly chop, I really mean roughly and lazily chop. We're just adding large chunks of the onion, pepper, and strawberries into the blender - see photos above for reference.
- Make the Salsa: Add the tomatoes to your Oster One Touch Blender, followed by the onion, then the peppers, lime juice, cilantro, strawberries, and salt. Use the "pulse" button to pulse until your desired chunky consistency is reached. Taste the salsa and adjust the seasonings if desired (I sometimes add a bit more salt and lime juice).
- Serve + Store: Serve with chips as an appetizer or snack, or spoon over grilled chicken or use to top your tacos! Keep salsa in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-6 days. Enjoy!
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply