Brussels sprouts shine in this salad, along with a delicious cast of ingredients! We’re talking juicy honeycrisp apples, sweet dried cranberries, salty pepitas, crisp smoky bacon, and shaved parmesan cheese. Top it all off with a simple shake-it-up maple dressing! This will be your new favorite way to eat brussels sprouts and it will be a hit on your Thanksgiving table!
If you’re freaking out right now about the fact that I just put a dish full of raw brussels sprouts in front of you, don’ttttt! It’ll be so delicious that I know you’ll love it and want to add it to your stash of regular Thanksgiving recipes! The key to enjoying raw brussels sprouts is making sure you buy the pre-shredded kind – it’s just like any other delicious green that makes the base of a salad!
Not only is this salad delicious, it couldn’t be easier to make! Add all your ingredients to a large salad bowl –
- Shredded brussels sprouts
- Juicy, sweet, diced Honeycrisp apples
- Crunchy, salty pepitas
- Smoky, crisp bacon
- Sweet dried cranberries
- Plenty of grated parmesan
Next, shake up your dressing in a mason jar! It comes together in a matter of minutes. It’s made with ingredients I’m sure you already have sitting in your pantry and fridge. We’re using maple syrup, olive oil, a splash of apple cider vinegar, honey mustard, a splash of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. It’s the perfect mix of tangy and sweet!
Pour the dressing over your salad, and toss it all up! I guarantee your family will loveee it – even my husband (who’s definitely wary of brussels sprouts, especially raw ones) was eating this straight out of the salad bowl with me! I’d call that a win, heh.
I hope you give this recipe a try for your Thanksgiving and I hope you have a wonderful & safe Thanksgiving!
If you love salads that are totally un-boring, try this Winter Salad with Pears & Pomegranates next! And, this Fall Harvest Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing is a perfect way to give any leftover turkey a new life after Thanksgiving.
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make! Be sure to leave a comment + rating if you make this recipe so I can see how you liked it!
Brussels Sprouts Salad with Maple Dressing
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 1 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch each of salt & pepper
For the Salad:
- 16 ounces shaved brussels sprouts You can buy bags that are pre-shredded - this is what i recommend!
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 large Honeycrisp apples, thinly sliced or diced
- 8-10 slices cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted pepitas
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese or more, to taste
- Make the Dressing: Shake up all the dressing ingredients in a mason jar with the lid tightly screwed on.
- Make the Salad: Add the brussels sprouts to a large salad bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and pour the dressing over the top of everything. Toss it all together well.
- Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately! Store leftovers, in an airtight container, in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Make Ahead: I don't recommend making salads ahead or dressing them ahead of time. Make this & dress it just before you're ready to serve it!
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply