Introducing the easiest meal ever – charred kale and pork tacos! Grant LOVES pork. I’m not a huge pork person, but we found thin-cut pork chops on sale at our local grocery store the other day, so I agreed to have pork chops for dinner.
While Grant was cooking the pork chops, I realized that I had enough odds and ends in the fridge to make my pork chop into something else entirely – TACOS!
Corn tortillas, some diced tomato, and a little kale was all it took to turn the pork chops into these amazing, veggie-packed charred kale and pork tacos.
I may or may not also have snuck some avocado into mine.
Since the pork chops were the thin-cut kind, it took Grant all of 12 minutes to cook all 6 or 7 pork chops. And it took another few minutes to char the kale in the same pan we cooked the pork chops in. Seriously – fastest dinner ever!
We seasoned the pork with seasoning salt (Lawry’s) and a little of the Chili Lime seasoning from Trader Joe’s! It’s a fantastic combination – but the Lawry’s will be great on it’s own if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby.
And, if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby, I am so so so sorry that you have that void in your life. TJ’s is my true grocery love. (Still not a sponsored post – maybe someday, haha! I just love TJ’s!)
I think the only way these could be improved is if they were topped off with a little sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Over here kicking myself for not thinking of that until ALL the pork tacos were gone. But I digress.
Make these for dinner tonight and feel like a cooking and healthy eating rockstar!
Make these charred kale and pork tacos tonight – they come together so fast, you’ll have some extra time for yourself! I plan to spend mine sipping some apple juice (like the grown-up I am) and reading a cookbook!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Charred Kale and Pork Tacos
- 6-7 thin cut pork chops
- 12-14 corn tortillas
- 2-3 medium tomatoes diced
- 4 cups curly kale
- Lawry's seasoning salt to taste
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Season the pork chops with the seasoning salt (or seasoning of your choice) and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the pork chops, in batches if necessary so as not to crowd the pan, for 2-3 minutes on each side. Keep the lid on the pan between flipping the pork chops. Repeat until they're all cooked.
- Tear the kale leaves off the stems. Add a little extra oil to the pan if needed and cook the kale, pressing it down into the pan with the back of your spatula. The goal here is to get some blackish-brownish charred spots on the kale. It will also wilt some.
- Next, add a splash more oil, if needed, to the pan and warm the tortillas for a minute or two.
- Assemble the tacos - cut the pork chops up, add the kale, and some diced tomato. They also go well with some avocado!
- NOTE: The nutrition info and serving yield is based on using one pork chop for every two tacos. This may also differ depending on how many pork chops you get in a pack.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply