Soft, buttery, crisp-edged, pistachio-studded, chocolate-puddled circles of happiness that are even easier to make than they are to fall in love with. Slice + Bake Pistachio Chocolate Cookies, where have you been all my life??
It’s been a little while since I posted a new recipe! I took a break from photographing new content the week of Easter but I’m back in the swing of things now and there are some DELICIOUS recipes headed your way in May!
On to the cookies! Never made slice and bake cookies before? Let’s walk it through.
How to Make Slice and Bake Cookies
Mix up the dough – it’s a super basic cookie dough with the usual suspects – flour, eggs, BUTTAH, sugar, etc. The mix-ins here are chocolate chunks and pistachios! YUM.
After the dough is mixed up, divide it into two equal-ish sections that are about 8 inches long and 2 inches wide. Again – this does NOT need to be perfect. Roll each log in a mixture of extra chopped pistachios and coarse sugar.
Wrap each log tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or freeze for 1 hour. You can also keep the dough in the fridge for 2-3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months! (Anyone else planning to get a MEGA head start on their holiday baking this year? No? Just me? Heh.)
Once the cookies have been chilled, slice them with a serrated knife to get through any chocolate chunks, and bake!
For a fancy finishing touch, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle on some sea salt. PERFECTION. Sheer perfection. I could eat cookies all day every day – and I know you could too.
So what are you waiting for? Preheat your ovens, because April showers bring May….cookies. Yes, that’s how it goes.
And good luck not eating them one by one, as they come out of the oven! Heh. 🙂 Happy Baking!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Chocolate Pistachio Slice and Bake Cookies
- 13 TBSP salted buter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour can sub AP
- pinch of salt
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 2 tbsp pistachios, chopped, reserved for rolling
- coarse sugar, for rolling
- Prep: Let the butter sit out to soften. Use a food processor to quickly and finely chop your pistachios (shell them first!). Chop your chocolate.
- Make the dough: Beat softened butter in a large mixing bowl until well creamed, 2-3 minutes. Add browned sugar and mix until well creamed with the butter, 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla and egg and mix until just combined. Add flours and salt and mix until just combined. Add the chopped pistachios and semi-sweet chocolate and mix.
- Chill: Divide the dough into two equal-ish sections, about 8 inches long and 2 inches wide. Add the reserved 2 tbsp chopped pistachios and some coarse sugar to a plate and roll each dough log in it to coat the outside. Wrap each log tightly in plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours in the fridge (or up to 2 days) or 1.5 hours in the freezer.
- Bake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice each log into 12-14 cookies using a serrated knife (makes it easy to cut through the chocolate chunks). Bake for 13-14 minutes. The cookies will be slightly firm and lightly browned around the edges. Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle on flaky sea salt. Optional, but recommended. 🙂
- Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately! Store covered tightly at room temp for up to 5 days. Dough can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the fridge overnight before using.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply