This one-bowl pound cake is the perfect thing to enjoy for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert! It’s incredibly tender and moist, and it’s topped off with a simple and delicious grapefruit glaze.
It’s citrus season, and what better way to jazz up a classic loaf of pound cake than with a citrusy glaze! I used grapefruit here, but you can of course sub for any citrus you like or have on hand. Lemon, lime, orange, blood orange, or even cara cara orange (my favorite!) would work here.
Plus, you can cut a few wedges from the fruit to top the loaf with for an extra fancy look that requires almost no extra effort.
The batter for this recipe is so simple – it comes together in one bowl and uses super simple ingredients. We’re using greek yogurt to give this pound cake the most perfect + moist texture!
Mix everything up, pour it into a lined loaf pan, and bake!
Once it’s out of the oven, let it cool a bit while you whisk up the glaze. All you need for the glaze is powdered sugar, a splash of vanilla, and a bit of grapefruit (or any other citrus fruit) juice. Simple!
So, whip this up while citrus season is still in full swing, and let the bright slices of citrus remind you that spring is just around the corner!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
One-Bowl Pound Cake with Grapefruit Glaze
For the Pound Cake
- 9 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp grapefruit zest
- 6 tbsp grapefruit juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup full fat, plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp milk
For the Glaze
- 1 tbsp grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prep: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray (to make sure any exposed parts of the pan are covered).
- Make the batter: Cream softened butter with an electric mixer until well creamed. Add the sugars and mix until completely combined and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla, grapefruit zest, and grapefruit juice and mix until just combined. Add dry ingredients next - flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until they just disappear into the batter. Then, add the milk and greek yogurt and mix until combined. Your batter will be relatively thick.
- Bake: Pour into your prepared pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a knife (you want to make sure you can stick it all the way into the bread) inserted into the middle comes out with moist crumbs, not wet batter.
- Serve + Store: Let the bread cool for a bit, then make the glaze by whisking all glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. Let the bread cool completely, if desired, and pour the glaze over top. Add grapefruit slices or wedges on top for decoration, with a bit of grapefruit zest, if you like! Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temp for 3-4 days.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply