One Pan Hawaiian Chicken makes for the best healthy dinner and quickest meal prep! Tender chicken, juicy bell peppers, sweet pineapple, spices, and barbecue sauce – it’s a flavor party! Serve over a bowl of rice for a filling dinner.
This is probably the easiest dinner you’ll ever make. No joke – it only takes a handful of ingredients, 10 minutes of prep and 20-ish minutes in the oven. It’s a little dinnertime-miracle in a pan. I love meals that cook on one pan – and I know you do too. Because, that means less time washing dishes and more time diving face-first into our delicious bowl of Hawaiian Chicken!
My goal is to share recipes that you will ACTUALLY make and that you will LOVE – and I think this fits. I love a “fancy” meal just as much as the next person but then there’s real life. And sometimes you don’t have time/energy to make fancy things and follow a recipe with 20 steps.
That’s when things like this become our go-to. Shockingly simple without sacrificing on flavor or nutrition! I love making a dinner were the veggies + protein cook TOGETHER – one less step. This one also happens to have fruit sooo I think we’re covering all food groups here. Oh, this has barbecue sauce too – which according to Grant is another food group sooo we’ve definitely got all the bases covered.
And aren’t these veggies just GORGEOUS?? They make me feel all colorful + happy + healthy. That’s exactly what I think a good meal should do for you. And healthy does not need to mean lack of flavor – no sir.
It’s got a little kick from the chili lime seasoning and the paprika. Don’t worry fellow-non-spicy-friends, it’s not scary and it will not set your mouth on fire. Promise. Juice from the pineapple sort of coats everything, giving the veggies and chicken some extra tang. Plus, barbecue sauce. Yes – just a few dollops, but it makes a big difference. It’s a little sweet, a little spicy, and so, so good.
By the way – this recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free! It can be made whole30 too, if you’re using compliant barbecue sauce.
Happy Cooking! I hope your New Year is off to a great start!
(This recipe was originally published in October of 2017. I just updated it with better directions and fresh photos!)
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo!
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/2 a yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 can cubed pineapple 20 oz.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 paprika
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili lime seasoning See Note
- 3-4 tbsp barbecue sauce
- Prep: Get out a large sheet pan and spray with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make it: Drain the pineapple, and add the cubed chicken, sliced onion, cubed peppers, and pineapple to the sheet pan. Mix all spices together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the chicken/veggie mixture. Stir to evenly coat everything in the spices.
- Bake: Bake for 12 minutes - add the barbecue sauce and stir to coat. Return pan to the oven and bake for 9-10 more minutes, or until the chicken is done. (Check by cutting into the largest piece - it's done when no longer pink inside. If the largest piece is done, the smaller ones should be as well.)
- Serve + Store: Serve with rice, in tortillas, or on its own! Garnish with cilantro and more lime juice if desired. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Order my new book: