Quick Roasted Cauliflower is versatile, simple, requires minimal time + effort, and it’s just plain delicious!
Helloooo beautiful. Healthy food never looked – or tasted – this good.
I’m starting sort of a mini-series on the blog! It’s going to be a handful of different quick + easy recipes. They’ll be super simple – I’m defining simple as recipes with only a few ingredients, that take only a short amount of time to put together.
These recipes won’t be full meals – they’ll be more about things that are versatile and can be used as parts in bigger recipes. That may sound a little confusing but I think it will become more clear as I post each recipe! (Teaser – homemade caramel sauce is up next!)
I hope these recipes will become versatile tools in your arsenal of recipes and kitchen tricks!
Now, let’s talk about this cauliflower. All we’re doing is chopping it into florets, tossing them with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and – if you want – minced garlic.
Then, we’re going to roast it for about 22 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Next up, we have a really complicated step – so hang with me here – we get to EAT IT. Yep, that’s all there is to this recipe. Simplicity at it’s finest.
Use this roasted cauliflower as a side dish with any meal, add it to salads, make a mix of different roasted veggies and include this – the possibilities are almost endless! I like to make a big batch of this at the beginning of the week with my meal prep. It’s an easy way to make sure I’m getting some veggies in – they’re already cooked and ready to go.
This roasted cauliflower reheats best in a skillet – which conveniently gives you a chance to sauté some other veggies with it!
I’ve been loving this reheated this in a pan with some frozen spinach, a little extra minced garlic, some salt + pepper – paired with a fried egg! Sometimes, I also have a toasted bagel on the side. Balance, ya know. At least I’m finding a way to sneak veggies into my diet at breakfast time, which is a rare occurrence! I’m team sweet breakfast all the way. Most days, that is.
I can be enticed to team savory on days when this roasted cauliflower is sitting in my fridge waiting for me.
I definitely prefer roasting over steaming when it comes to cauliflower – it gives a better flavor, even with minimal seasoning, and you get those lovely crispy bits.
When reheating this I absolutely recommend doing it in a skillet on the stovetop with a little olive oil – reheating roasted cauliflower in the microwave tends to make it a little lifeless. The pan renews those amazing crispy bottoms like nobody’s business!
Quick roasted cauliflower for the win! Happy cooking!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Quick Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic optional, but yummy!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add the cauliflower to a foil-lined baking sheet. Toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper (to taste), minced garlic (if using) and any additional spices you like. (Garlic powder is great if you don't have any fresh garlic.)
- Bake for about 22 minutes, tossing the cauliflower halfway through. Cauliflower is done when easily pierced with a fork. You can leave it a little more or less tender, depending on your preferences.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in a pan on the stovetop with some olive oil - microwaving tends to make it a bit soggy.
Order my new book: