Ultimate Cookies and Cream Bars are the holiday treat to end all holiday treats! Made with a layer of thick, fudgy brownies that have a layer of oreos in the middle, and topped with sweetened condensed milk and crushed oreos for a little texture boost. Next up, a layer of oreo frosting and a layer of chocolate ganache to top it all off! This is the stuff of chocolate dreams!
Thanks to Eagle Brand for sponsoring this recipe! All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible.
It’s Day 6 of Cookie Week and today also happens to be National Cookie Day! These Cookies and Cream bars are the best way to celebrate – they’re a brownie, a dessert bar, and full of cookies so they pretty much check off every box!
How to Make Ultimate Cookies and Cream Bars:
First, mix up some fudgy brownie batter – then layer oreos over half the batter, and pour on the rest of the batter.
Pour on some of Eagle Brand’s Sweetened Condensed Milk – it makes the most amazing crunchy topping on these brownies! There’s nothing I love more than good texture (and of course good taste) in my food, and this method gives you both! Plus, this sweetened condensed milk has the BEST quality – ensuring dessert success every time!
Add a layer of crushed oreos, and your bars are ready for the oven!
While they’re baking, mix up a super simple frosting made with crushed oreos and a little more sweetened condensed milk. The flavor of this frosting is INCREDIBLE – if you’re not putting a little sweetened condensed milk in your frosting, this is the time to start! Spread that onto the cooled brownies.
Top with a mixture of melted chocolate and butter, and pop the bars in the fridge for about an hour, so the chocolate can set.
Slice them up and enjoy! These would be the perfect addition to any holiday cookie plate or any holiday cookie party.
Why are these Cookies + Cream Bars Perfect for Holiday Cookie Plates + Parties?
- They’re super rich so you can absolutely get away with cutting small squares which means you can easily stretch the recipe yield.I cut mine large here for photo purposes and got 12 bars but you could easily get 20+!
- These are the stuff of chocolate-lovers dreams!
- They’re SUPER RICH – ’tis the season to indulge!
- Cookie plates are the most fun to put together when you have a wide variety of different treats – and these will definitely stand out from your typical Christmas cookies!
Happy baking, friends! What’s your favorite treat to include on a holiday cookie tray?
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make! Be sure to leave a comment + rating if you make this recipe so I can see how you liked it!
Ultimate Cookies and Cream Bars
For the Brownies
- 2 sticks salted butter, melted (1 cup)
- 1 and 3/4 cup granulated or cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder optional
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 whole oreos
- 1/2 cup Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 6 crushed oreos
For the Frosting
- 10 TBSP butter, softened I prefer salted
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 and 1/2 cups + 1 TBSP powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP milk or heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 2 TBSP sweetened condensed milk
- 5 crushed oreos
For the Chocolate Topping
- 1 stick salted butter 8 TBSP
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips Or dark, if you prefer
- Prep: Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Make the Brownie Base: Melt butter in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the sugars. Add vanilla and espresso power and mix until just combined. Add the eggs, 2 at a time, and whisk until combined. Stir in the flour, cocoa, and salt.Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Lay the oreos over the batter in an even layer - you can break up 2-3 of them to fill in the gaps between the whole oreos. Spoon on and spread the remaining batter out evenly to cover the oreos. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top and sprinkle on the crushed oreos.
- Bake: Bake for 48-50 minutes, or until the edges appear set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean (it should have moist crumbs rather than runny batter). Let brownies cool completely before frosting
- Make the Frosting: In a medium mixing bowl cream the butter with an electric mixer. Add the softened cream cheese and mix to combine with the butter. Add the powdered sugar and milk and mix until creamy and smooth. Add the pinch of salt, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk and mix until combined. Stir in the crushed oreos. Frost the cooled brownies.
- Make the Chocolate Topping: Melt the butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until completely melted and smooth. Pour over the frosting layer. Pop the brownies into the fridge for 45 minutes to let the chocolate harden up.
- Serve + Store: Enjoy once the chocolate has set! For clean slices, use a large sharp knife and cut down quickly, wiping the knife clean between each cut. Store leftovers, tightly covered, in the fridge for up to a week.
- Make Ahead Tips: Brownies can be made 1-3 days ahead, covered tightly, and stored at room temp. Frosting can be made 1-3 days ahead, covered tightly, and stored in the fridge. Let it come back to room temp for a bit before using, so it's actually spreadable. Don't make the chocolate layer ahead.
Order my new book: