These pizza rolls are stuffed with sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and italian seasoning. Dip them in garlic butter or marinara sauce – YUM! This recipe can easily feed a crowd – it’s the ultimate game day food!
This post is sponsored by our friends at Rhodes Bake-N-Serv! All opinions are my own.
The Super Bowl is right around the corner, and I’m already dreaming of all the food we can make and eat! I made these pizza rolls last year, and they were a hit! (I’m also planning to make these chocolate chunk cookies and these soft pretzels!)
I mean, can you even try to resist that saucy, melty, carby goodness??
How to Make Easy Pizza Rolls:
You only need a handful of basic ingredients to make this recipe!
- Pepperoni (can omit to make these vegetarian)
- Cheese – we love mozzarella here or a mix of mozzarella and cheddar!
- Pizza Sauce
- Cornmeal – for dipping the bottoms of the rolls
- Rhodes Thaw, Rise, & Bake White Bread dough
- Italian Seasoning
- Chopped fresh parsley – optional garnish
First, thaw the Rhodes dough according to package directions. Next, roll it into a rectangle, and add the sauce, italian seasoning, cheeses, and pepperoni. Roll the log like you’re making cinnamon rolls, and slice into rolls! Each log of dough from the bag makes 10 pizza rolls. You can make just one batch or you could thaw additional loaves of dough and make as many pizza rolls as you need to serve your crowd!
Dip the bottoms of the rolls into the cornmeal, and place on a lined baking sheet. I always sprinkle a little extra cheese on top before baking, because, well I’m from Wisconsin and that’s just what you do.
See how easy that was? Now bake them, and get your taste buds ready for some cheesy goodness.
Serve with a little fresh parsley, if desired. You can also melt some butter and add a little garlic powder for a dipping sauce. Or, you can use more pizza sauce for dipping.
Or, you can brush the tops with the garlic butter as soon as they’re out of the oven so it soaks in and makes the whole thing even more delicious. Happy baking and happy super bowl snacking! Since the Packers are out, we’ll be cheering for, ahem, the refs I suppose?? Haha.
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make! Be sure to leave a comment + rating if you make this recipe so I can see how you liked it!
Easiest Homemade Pizza Rolls
- 1 loaf Rhodes Thaw, Rise, & Bake White Bread Dough thawed according to package directions
- 1 tsp olive oil
- italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or a mix of mozzarella and cheddar
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
Optional, For Serving:
- garlic powder, to taste
- 4 TBSP salted butter, melted
- fresh parsley, chopped
- extra pizza or marinara sauce
- Note About Recipe Yield: I wrote the recipe and ingredient amounts for 1 loaf of the frozen bread dough. 1 loaf makes about 10 pizza rolls. You can of course double this recipe or triple it, etc., by using more loafs of the bread dough and scaling the ingredients up accordingly. (Double the ingredients for two loaves, triple the ingredients for 3, etc.)
- Make the Pizza Rolls: Roll out each log of dough to about 16 inches x 10 inches (this doesn't need to be exact). (If using more than one, keep the extra ones in the fridge and work with one at a time - yes we just let them sit out for 2 hours but it's fine to pop them back in the fridge for a short amount of time while you work with another loaf of the dough). Brush on 1 tsp of olive oil and add a pinch of italian seasoning across the dough. Spoon on and evenly spread out the pizza sauce. Add the cheese and pepperoni. Roll from the long edge, as tightly as you can, like you're rolling cinnamon roll dough. Slice into 2 inch-ish pieces, and dunk the bottom of each into cornmeal. Sprinkle a little extra cheese on top of each and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake: 15-18 minutes. The rolls will be lightly browned and the cheese will be melted.
- Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately! Serve with more pizza sauce or melted butter mixed with a little garlic powder, or both. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. These are best fresh out of the oven, though.
Order my new book: