Asian Chicken Bowls are quick, flavorful, and easy to throw together! Made with a mixture of red and green cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, edamame, chicken, and Annie’s Asian Sesame Dressing. Serve with rice, chopped almonds, sliced green onion, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
This recipe is full of fresh flavor and tons of fresh veggies! Let’s break these bowls of flavorful goodness down:
- Shredded Chicken
- Chopped green + red cabbage
- Chopped red bell pepper
- Jasmine rice
- Annie’s Organic Asian Sesame Dressing
- Shredded carrots
- Green onion
Veggies for days! Flavorful, fresh, crunchy, crisp veggies. These Asian Chicken Bowls are not only full of flavor, they’re full of color and texture too!
One of the best parts of this recipe is the minimal amount of work required. You can cook the chicken breast or you can use a rotisserie chicken – perfect for those days when you just can’t summon the energy to cook anything! You can buy most of these veggies pre-cut as well.
The Asian Sesame dressing is another great shortcut option – just because we’re making a simple dinner doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice on flavor! Annie’s dressings are all super delicious and many of them are organic + plant-based – including the one I used!
How to Make Asian Chicken Bowls
So, to make these bowls, we’re tossing together all our chopped veggies and cooked chicken with the Asian Sesame Dressing. Add that to a bowl with some rice, and top with green onions, sesame seeds, chopped almonds, and another splash of the dressing.
That’s it! This is really that simple. Three cheers for easy, healthy, yummy meals!
Have you ever seen a meal that was so colorful, healthy, and easy to throw together? This recipe makes 4-6 servings so this works great for a meal prep/non-sad desk lunch type situation, too!
Annie’s Homegrown dressings are on sale October 2nd – 15th – 2/$5 for regular dressings and 2/$6 for the organic dressings. Find your local food co-op here to shop local and to support companies that are committed to natural + organic products!
Happy cooking, friends!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Asian Chicken Bowls with Sesame Dressing
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or a rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 and 1/2 cups edamame
- 1/2 cup Annie's Organic Asian Sesame Dressing
- 2 cups rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- green onion, sliced, for topping
- sesame seeds, for topping
- Prep: Chop all veggies as indicated above. Cook your chicken, seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Cook your rice. Stir together the cabbages, shredded chicken, carrot, red bell pepper, edamame, and 1/2 cup of the dressing.
- Assemble the Bowls: Spoon rice into each bowl, then add the chicken/veggie/dressing mixture, a sprinkle of chopped almonds and sesame seeds, some green onions, and an extra splash of the dressing!
- Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately. Store leftovers, covered tightly, in the fridge for up to 6 days. Store the rice separate from the chicken/veggie mixture, so you can reheat it.
- Note: You can always keep the chicken separate from the veggie mixture if you want to heat it up before adding to your bowl.
Order my new book: