Blackberry Limeade Sangria is a refreshing drink made with fresh blackberries, limeade, pinot grigio, and brandy. This recipe is incredibly simple and delicious – I know you’ll make it over and over, all summer long.
This post is sponsored by our friends at Mezzacorona Wine. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible!
Sangria is such an easy recipe – and this one is no exception! The flavors scream summer, and this refreshing drink is the perfect way to celebrate National Pinot Grigio Day, which is just around the corner on May 17th!
Lets learn how to make this sangria! It’s so incredibly easy – you’ll be making it all the time! First, muddle blackberries and a bit of sugar in the bottom of your pitcher, to get the juices going.
Then, add the brandy and limeade, and stir everything together.
Add Mezzacorona’s Pinot Grigio last, stirring everything together. Serve in wine glasses, topped with a splash of lemon lime soda (optional), and a sprig of mint for garnish.
And there you have it! A beautiful and simple summer drink that’s full of beautiful flavors. The bright notes of white peach and honeysuckle in Mezzacorona’s Pinot Grigio compliment the flavors of this sangria so well. Not to mention – their wines are certified non-gmo, and hand-harvested and made with sustainably grown fruit from the Italian Alps.
This sangria is the perfect way to celebrate – not just on National Pinot Grigio Day, but for all of life’s little moments in between.
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Blackberry Limeade Sangria
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 3 cups limeade
- 2 to 3 cups Mezzacorona Pinot Grigio
- lime slices and mint, for garnish
- lemon lime soda, for topping optional
- Make the Sangria: Muddle the blackberries and sugar in the bottom of your pitcher with the end of a wooden spoon, to release some of the juices. Add the brandy and limeade, and stir everything together. Let it sit for 15 minutes - this will allow the sugar to dissolve so you don't have a granular texture to your drink. (You can always take a spoonful to taste and make sure the sugar has dissolved). Add 2-3 cups (depending on how strong you want the sangria to be) of Mezzacorona's Pinot Grigio. Stir, and add some fresh lime slices.
- Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately, in chilled glasses or glasses filled with ice. Top with a splash of lemon lime soda (optional), and a sprig of mint. This is best on the first day but you can keep leftover sangria in the fridge (covered) for an extra day, if desired.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply