These Frozen Watermelon Margaritas are the perfect summer drink! We’re blending up frozen watermelon, fresh lime juice, tequila, and triple sec for a refreshing drink you can make in minutes.
This post is sponsored by our friends at Oster. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible!
What do I need to make these Watermelon Margaritas?
You’ll need just a few ingredients:
- Fresh watermelon
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Triple Sec
- Salt, for the glass rims
- Lime Wedges, for the glass rims
How do you choose a ripe watermelon?
Look for one that’s uniform in size, and not as oblong. You also want it to be dull, not shiny, and have a yellow orange field spot, rather than a white one. It should sound hollow when you rap it with your knuckles.
How do you freeze a watermelon?
Start by cutting the watermelon into quarters, and then carve away the rind. From there, cube the watermelon. Freeze the portion you’ll be using. Do this on a baking sheet – otherwise you’ll end up with a giant iceberg of frozen watermelon, rather than individually frozen pieces. Once they’re frozen, you can transfer to a freezer bag or container.
How to Make a Frozen Watermelon Margarita:
Add your liquids to Oster’s ActiFit Smoothie Blender first – the tequila, lime juice, and triple sec. Then, add the frozen watermelon. Use the easy-to-use Twist & Blend operation to mix up your drink. Simply twist the cup, and the motor will begin blending your drink!
Blend the margarita until everything is mixed and you have the consistency of a slushie. The powerful 700-watt motor crushes the frozen watermelon and ice effortlessly, giving you that beautiful consistency for your blended margarita!
How to Serve your Margaritas:
Run a wedge of lime around the rim of your glasses, and then dunk them in salt to make that trademark margarita glass. Pour your margarita into the glass, and enjoy immediately!
You can also pop on the spill-proof lid that comes with Oster’s ActiFit Smoothie Blender, and enjoy sipping your drink on your deck or porch without having to dirty another glass.
How to make this a mocktail:
If you want to turn this into a non-alcoholic drink, simply omit the triple set and tequila. Use watermelon soda instead, in the same total quantity. If you can’t find any watermelon soda, use something else that would pair well with watermelon – such as pineapple, strawberry, or lemon lime soda.
Grab an Oster ActiFit Smoothie Blender from Amazon and enjoy this refreshing summer drink!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag @bluebowlrecipes with your photo – I’d love to see what you make! And, be sure to leave a comment + rating below if you make this recipe.
Best Ever Frozen Watermelon Margaritas
For the Glasses
- lime wedges
For the Watermelon Margaritas
- 1 and 1/4 cup frozen watermelon cubes
- 1-2 tbsp triple sec
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp agave optional
- Freeze your Watermelon: Cube your watermelon, and freeze the amount you'll need on a baking sheet. This ensures that you won't end up with individually frozen pieces, rather than a giant frozen ice block of watermelon. Once the watermelon is frozen on the baking sheet, you can transfer it to a freezer bag or container and keep frozen until ready to use.
- Make the Margaritas: Add all liquid ingredients to your Oster ActiFit Smoothie Blender first. Then, add the frozen watermelon. Twist the cup to blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve: Snap on the spill proof lid that comes with the blender cup, or run a lime wedge run around the rim of a glass and dip in salt. Pour into the glass and enjoy immediately!
Order my new book: