Made with blood orange juice, bourbon, club soda, and simple syrup, this cocktail is a breeze to whip up and the blood orange juice gives it stunning color! Make cocktails for two, or mix up a whole pitcher, or make it into a mocktail!
This cocktail screams spring! It’s so simple to make too. Observe –
- Juice your blood oranges
- Make simple syrup on the stove by heating sugar and water together, a simple process that takes only a few minutes
- Mix simple syrup, blood orange juice, bourbon, and ice in a drink shaker or chill in a pitcher without ice.
- Pour into glasses and top with club soda!
It’s as easy as that.
To make this a mocktail, simply omit the bourbon and add more club soda (or even ginger ale!) to taste. Thankfully, sitting on your patio/balcony/front steps with a drink in hand hasn’t been cancelled. Cheers to better days ahead!
I clearly cannot get enough of blood oranges this year! Here are all the recipes I’ve used them in, in case you are also obsessed!
More Blood Orange Recipes:
Blood Orange Upside Down Cake – A surprise crumb layer on bottom, and juicy blood oranges on top!
Cinnamon Swirl Bread with Blood Orange Glaze – Made with pre-made dough for ease, this bread comes together in a flash!
Buttermilk Waffles with Roasted Blood Oranges – Perfect for brunch all spring long!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make! Be sure to leave a comment + rating if you make this recipe so I can see how you liked it!
Blood Orange Bourbon Fizz
- 2 large blood oranges
- 1/4 cup granulated or cane sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup club soda
- Make the Simple Syrup: Add sugar and water to a small pot on the stove. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, and whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Make the Cocktails: Juice the blood oranges. Add blood orange juice (you should have about 1/2 cup), bourbon, and 1/4 cup of the simple syrup to a drink shaker with ice. Shake well and pour into two glasses. Top with a bit of club soda. Enjoy immediately!
- To Make a Mocktail: Omit bourbon, and add more simple syrup and club soda to taste. You could also use ginger ale!
- To Make a Pitcher: Increase the recipe to get your desired yield. Double it for 4 drinks, triple it for 6 drinks, and so on. Add orange juice, bourbon, and simple syrup to a pitcher, stir well, and chill in the fridge. Add club soda when ready to serve.
Order my new book: