Guys, one of my New Year’s resolutions was to BAKE MORE and MAKE COOKIES MORE and I think I’m knocking that one out of the park. I mean, look at these gorgeous lil chocolate cookie dough cups.
Did I mention that they’re no bake and superrr easy to make? (I guess this technically doesn’t count as upholding my resolution to bake more but, close enough, right?)
Let’s break these beauties down –
- Make cookie dough
- Try not to eat all of said cookie dough
- Melt some chocolate
- Pour melted chocolate into muffin tins
- Add scoops of cookie dough
- Top off with more melted chocolate
- Pop in the fridge for 30 mins
Boom. That’s it! Seriously so simple. You could speed up the chilling process too, if you want, by popping them in the freezer for 15 minutes instead.
These are so perfect for a quick + easy dessert when you’re dessert hangry – which, if you’re me, is all. of. the. time. They’re also perfect for when you’re craving edible cookie dough which, if you’re me, is ALL. OF. THE. TIME. Good thing I have a container of these in my fridge. Life is rough 😉.
Oh and since there’s no egg in this (naturally) I’ve replaced it with cream cheese.
Cream cheese is a fabulous substitute for raw egg when you’re making a batch of cookie dough that’s ultimate purpose in life is to be eaten and not baked.
I hope the rest of 2018 is filled with things like this. And knowing me, it will be 💙 Can’t stop, won’t stop baking!
- 6 TBS butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Scant ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- 24 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips (2 bags)
- 3 TBS coconut oil
- Line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- Soften butter in a mixing bowl. Add the sugars and mix until creamed. Add the vanilla and room temp cream cheese (or soften it for 20 seconds in the microwave) and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and salt, and mix until combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the 24 ounces of chocolate chips with the coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval.
- Pour melted chocolate into the bottom of each muffin liner. Shake the muffin tin or use a spoon to ensure it's evenly spread. Add a scoop of cookie dough to each muffin liner and flatten with a spoon (if you don't, you'll have some lumpy-topped cups, like I do on some of mine. Oops.)
- Pour melted chocolate over the tops of the cookie dough. Cover with foil and chill in the fridge for 30 mins or in the freezer for 15-20 mins.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.