Churro French Toast Sticks are made in just five steps with simple ingredients! These bite-sized treats come together in a flash, and feel fun and festive! Make them for a weekend brunch, or for a weeknight treat. The luscious chocolate sauce is made in the microwave and puts the perfect finishing touch on these irresistible cinnamon-sugar coated treats!
Thanks to Eagle Brand for sponsoring this recipe! All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible.
This recipe is so simple – it’s a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen! Here’s what you need to make it:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
That’s it! I bet you have all these items on hand already (or most of them!). Let’s learn how to make these in 5 easy steps.
How to Make Churro French Toast Sticks:
Step 1: Whisk up a super simple french toast batter! All you need are two eggs, some Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, cinnamon, and a pinch of sugar and a splash of vanilla. Whisk this up just like you would with a normal french toast batter – the sweetened condensed milk is the perfect replacement for regular milk – it makes the french toast sticks super moist, a little sweet, and adds lots of flavor! This is a great option if you’ve had a hard time finding regular milk right now.
Step 2: Slice up 5-6 pieces of bread, into three slices each.
Step 3: Dip these slices into the batter, and cook them in a skillet until golden on both sides. I used butter to grease the pan, but you could use any type of oil or nonstick spray that you have on hand.
Step 3: Once all your french toast sticks are cooked, we. move on to the super fun part – dunking them in butter and cinnamon sugar!
Just look at that luscious buttery goodness! This step is particularly fun for kids – and adults, heh! Get the french stick coated really well in the butter and in the cinnamon sugar.
Step 5: Next, make your two-minute chocolate sauce! Add chopped semi-sweet chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and a tablespoon of butter into a bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat. Voila! The easiest chocolate sauce the world has ever seen.
Dunk those Churro French Sticks ’till your heart’s content! This treat is fun for kids, but let’s be real – no adult would say no to this luscious chocolate sauce, and those warm, buttery, cinnamon-sugar coated french toast sticks!
This recipe makes 15-18 Churro French Toast Sticks – I kept it a little smaller in scale since we aren’t really able to have friends over to share copious amounts of food with right now. But, you can of course, scale this recipe up or down depending on how many churro french toast sticks you’d like! You can cut it in half, or double it.
Happy Baking, and Happy Dunking!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Churro French Toast Sticks with 2-Minute Chocolate Sauce
- 5-6 slices bread any type will work!
- 1/2 cup Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk You'll need 1 can in total for the whole recipe, divided between the french toast batter and the chocolate sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
For Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 5 TBSP salted butter, melted
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1/2 cup + 1 TBSP granulated sugar
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 TBSP salted butter
- 3/4 cup Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Make the Chocolate Sauce: Do this first, so it's ready when the churro french toast sticks are done and you can enjoy them warm. Add chopped chocolate, butter, and sweetened condensed milk to a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until fully melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Mix up French Toast Batter: Whisk all french toast batter ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cut Bread: Slice each piece of bread into thirds.
- Fry the French Toast Sticks: Heat a frying pan over medium low heat and add a plop of butter to grease the pan. Dip the bread pieces into the batter and coat evenly, working with a few at a time. Fry the french toast sticks until golden brown, flip, and repeat, adding more butter as needed in between batches.
- Cinnamon Sugar Coating: Stir the cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl, and melt the butter in another bowl. Once the french toast sticks are cool enough to handle (but still nice and warm), dip them into the butter, then the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve + Store: Dunk Churro French Toast Sticks into the chocolate sauce and enjoy while warm! Store leftovers of both the chocolate sauce and Churro French Toast Sticks in separate containers, in the fridge, for up to 4 days.
Order my new book: