These Classic White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are oh-so-dreamy! They’re soft, thick, and studded with plenty of macadamia nut chunks and white chocolate chips. It’s basically the perfect cookie!
These are some of the easiest cookies you’ll ever make! We start with a classic cookie dough made with the usual suspects –
- salted butter
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
Nothing unusual there! I bet you have all of those ingredients in your pantry already.
The special ingredients here are the white chocolate chips (or chunks, if you have a baking bar you’d like to chop up!) and the macadamia nuts. It’s one of the most classic flavor combos to ever grace a place of cookies, and for good reason! It is an incredible flavor duo.
Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes – this will ensure that they stay nice and thick while baking, instead of spreading too far and thinning out in the oven. Roll the dough into balls, press a few extra white choco chips or macadamia nut pieces on top for extra chunky-ness, and bake!
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before digging in – honestly the hardest part of this (and most!) recipes, heh. Let the cookies cool completely before storing them away.
These cookies would make the perfect gift for yourself for Valentine’s Day this weekend! Whip yourself up a batch and drop off a plate or two of them on your neighbor’s doorsteps to spread the love.
Happy baking and happy Valentine’s!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment below!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened at room temperature 8 tbsp, 1 stick, or 113 grams
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Make the Cookie Dough: Cream the softened butter in a large mixing bowl on high speed until creamy. Add the sugars and mix until well combined with the butter, about 1 minute. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until just combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. Mix in the nuts and white chocolate chips last.
- Chill the Dough: Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Bake the Cookies: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll the cookie dough into small balls, about 40 grams each. You should have 16-18 cookies. Spread cookie dough balls a few inches apart on a prepared baking sheet (I recommend doing one sheet at a time, and keeping the rest of the dough balls covered with a kitchen towel in the fridge). Bake cookies for 9 minutes.
- Serve + Store: Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then dig in, or transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temp for 4-5 days.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply