This simple and amazing peach cobbler is loaded with fresh, juicy peaches and topped with a crust that’s a mix between cakey and crunchy. It’s easily made vegan by swapping coconut oil for of butter! It’s equally delicious both ways!
What makes a good Peach Cobbler?
- Fresh, juicy peaches
- Peach peeling not required
- Not too much sugar
- A hint of cinnamon and nutmeg because FLAVOR
- A crust that’s a mix between cakey and crunchy
- Use coconut oil to make it vegan in a flash, or use butter if you want it non-vegan
- Did I mention, EASY?
Easy is a big factor here – this is going to be your back-pocket dessert for any and all occasions. Pot lucks? Check. Parties? Check. Summer picnics and barbecues? Check. Craving some fresh, seasonal dessert? CHECK. No one will even know it’s vegan – unless you tell them!
This only involves 1 bowl + 1 pan! I think we can all call that a win. Toss your peaches, spices, and sugar in your pan. Mix up the topping in a bowl, and flatten it over the top of your peaches. Bake, plop a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, then DIG IN!
Could it be any easier?
Oh, we should probably talk about how this is a vegan peach cobbler! I tested the recipe with butter and with coconut oil and each worked well! So make it vegan, or use butter. Totally up to you.
Shout-out to my mom for inspiring this recipe – we went camping two weeks ago and she made an AMAZING peach cobbler in her dutch oven over the fire! SO good.
Enjoy your vegan or non-vegan peach cobbler – I’ll be making this every week while the fresh peaches are still around! I advise you do the same ?
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Easy Vegan Peach Cobbler
For the peach filling
- 6 fresh peaches, large
- 1/3 cup cane or granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the topping
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil Or 1/2 cup melted salted butter
- 2/3 cup cane or granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- raw sugar, for topping
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If making a vegan cobbler, spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray. If NOT making it vegan, rub some butter onto the bottom and sides of the pan, and add a few small chunks to the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Make the filling: Slice the peaches thinly. Peel them if desired, but it's not necessary. Toss the peaches in the prepared baking dish to evenly coat with the sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Then, spread peaches into an even, flat layer in the pan.
- Make the topping: Mix together the melted coconut oil or butter, sugar, vanilla, flours, baking powder, and salt. Stir together until a dough forms and all ingredients are well mixed. Flatten small chunks of the dough and lay them on top of the peaches.
- Bake: Bake for 23-25 minutes. Add a few tablespoons of raw sugar on top of the cobbler, and return to the oven for 8 more minutes. Then, broil for 1-2 minutes to get a nice crunchy texture on the top of the cobbler. Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn!
- Serve + Store: Serve warm! Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply