These One Pan Chicken Fajitas require only a handful of super basic ingredients and are made in one pan in under 30 minutes! This easy weeknight dinner is packed with flavor and is incredibly easy to make.
Lately, we have been craving Mexican food all. the. time. These hit the spot perfectly! The chicken is tender, juicy and loaded with flavor, and the peppers and onions are at that sweet spot between mushy and hard. Just tender enough, with a slight hint of crunch!
What do I need to make these?
These are super classic Chicken Fajitas – you’ll need:
- A large yellow onion
- Bell peppers (any colors will do!)
- Spices like cumin, chili powder, and paprika
- Salt + pepper
- Olive oil
- Chicken breast
How to Make Quick + Easy Chicken Fajitas:
These take about 20 minutes to cook in a pan on the stovetop – or, if you want to cook two things at once, you can roast the peppers and onions on a pan in the oven, while you cook up your chicken on the stovetop.
Either way, this is a total weeknight winner! Quick, easy, and minimal dishes. And you can customize the toppings! We all know toppings are basically the best part.
Chicken Fajita Toppings:
Here are a few of the things we love to serve our fajitas with – but feel free to get creative here, and use whatever you like.
- Sour Cream
- Black Beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tortilla chips (the best side to have with these!)
You can also serve these in lettuce wraps, with rice and beans or fill meal prep containers with the fajita mix! Perfectly-portioned little containers of juicy fajita meat and tender peppers and onion, ready to grab and heat? Yes please! No sad desk lunches here.
If you do portion these out for meal prep, I recommend keeping your toppings in a separate, small container to top the fajitas with after you’ve heated them up.
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo + leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
One Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 4 large bell peppers, julienned
- 1/2 a large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
For Serving + Topping:
- sour cream
- lime juice
- Prep the chicken: Mix all the spices together in a small bowl. Toss the sliced chicken with the spices in a large bowl until evenly coated. Let rest while you cook the veggies.
- Cook the Veggies - Two OptionsStovetop: Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the peppers, onions, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until tender and slightly browned. This takes about 7-10 minutes. Remove from the pan (set them on a large plate - you'll add them back to the pan after cooking the chicken).Oven: You can roast the peppers and onions in the oven while you cook the chicken on the stovetop to save a bit of time. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and add the onions and peppers. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and a dash or two of chili powder. Roast for 18-24 minutes, stirring halfway through, until tender to your liking.
- Cook the Chicken: Add the olive oil to the pan and add the chicken. Cook, stirring, until the chicken is no longer pink. You may have to do this in two batches so you don't crowd the pan too much. To check that the chicken is done, cut into one of the largest pieces. If it's done (not pink inside), it's a good indication that all the pieces are done.
- Serve + Store: Add the pepper/onion mixture back into the pan and let warm on medium heat, stirring to toss with the chicken. Serve with tortillas, rice, beans, sour cream, cheese and anything else you like! Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-6 days.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply