Meet the most creamy, dreamy No Bake Peanut Butter Pie! We’ve got a chocolate oreo crust, a silky peanut butter filling, and a cloud of pillowy whipped cream with a generous sprinkle of peanut butter cups on top. This delicious dessert is any peanut butter lovers dream!
This post is sponsored by our friends at Oster. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible!
This post was originally published in July ’21 but I just updated it with more tips and tricks!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Creamy Peanut Butter Filling – The peanut butter filling is absolutely heavenly, and made with simple ingredients.
- Chocolate Cookie Crust – This decadent dessert uses a press in cookie crust made with crushed oreos and butter – easy peasy!
- No Bake Dessert – This is a no bake pie recipe, making it completely fuss-free and perfect for non-bakers.This easy peanut butter pie recipe is a great make-ahead dessert, too.
- Peanut Butter – I used creamy jiff peanut butter, but any creamy variety should work. I’m not sure if natural peanut butter would work as well here.
- Cream Cheese – Use full fat, block style cream cheese in this recipe. Let it come to room temperature before using.
- Cool Whip – Cool whip adds creaminess and helps the filling set up. Be sure you thaw it in the fridge overnight before using.
- Oreos – Use oreos or any similar sandwich cookie for the crust.
- Butter – I always use salted buter for the best flavor, but feel free to use unsalted butter if you prefer.
- Homemade Whipped Cream – Feel free to use homemade whipped cream instead of the cool whip in the filling. If you do this, mix about 1/3 of the total amount in with your mixer, then fold the rest in with a rubber spatula – this is very important, as the whipped cream will loose all the air you just whipped into it if you don’t fold it in.
- Dairy-free – Use dairy-free cool whip or dairy-free heavy cream, and dairy-free cream cheese to make this pie dairy-free.
- Gluten-free – Use gluten-free chocolate graham crackers or sandwich cookies to easily make this pie gluten-free.
How to Make this Recipe Step-by-Step:
Step 1: Make the Crust. Start by pulsing oreo cookies in a food processor. Stir in the melted butter, and press this mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Chill the crust while you mix up the peanut butter filling.
Step 2: Make the Peanut Butter Filling. In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add the cool whip last.
Step 3: Make the Whipped Cream & Serve. We’re blending (yes, blending!) up some silky whipped cream made with just 3 ingredients – heavy cream, vanilla, and a bit of powdered sugar. Oster’s One Touch Blender mixes up the creamiest whipped cream in no time! You can of course do this with a mixer, too.
Let the pie chill for at least 4-6 hours before adding the whipped cream and serving. If you cover the pie with plastic wrap, before adding the whipped cream, it can stick to the filling – so I don’t cover it. Let the filling solidify a bit before covering it. Add the whipped cream when ready to serve.
Top your delicious peanut butter pie with chopped peanut butter cups. It makes this the ultimate peanut butter and chocolate experience! Now, dig in to those gorgeous layers of chocolate crust, creamy filling, and pillowy topping.
Expert Success Tips:
- Press-In Crust – Spend a few minutes pressing the crust in really well so that it holds together nicely when the pie is sliced. Use the back of a measuring cup to pack it in.
- Whipped Cream Topping- To make a beautiful pie, pile the whipped cream in the center of the pie, then gently push it out towards the edges using the back of a spoon, creating swoops as you go. Don’t cover the whole thing completely – leave a bit of peanut butter filling peeking out at the edges. Don’t skimp on this – it’s the best part!
- Chill the Pie – You absolutely must chill the pie in order for the filling to set up properly.
- Toppings – Add a sprinkle of salted chopped peanuts or even chocolate chips or peanut butter chips on top of the pie.
- Chocolate Sauce – Drizzle chocolate sauce on top of the pie if you want to add even more chocolate!
- Peanut Butter Cups – Use whatever size peanut butter cups you like to top this pie! I used a mix of medium and small ones, and chopped some of them up.
Serving + Storing this Recipe:
Once the pie has chilled, serve it up! Store leftovers in the fridge for 4-6 days in an airtight container. But once the whole family has seen this, don’t count on leftovers, heh.
- Oster Blender – Grab yourself an Oster One Touch Blender at your local Walmart – linked here.
- Pie Plate – Any pie plate will work for this recipe since it’s no-bake!
More No Bake Dessert Recipes to Love:
- No Bake Black Forest Pie
- No Bake Nutella Tart
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bites
- Mini No Bake Apple Cheesecakes
More Peanut Butter Recipes to Love:
- Bakery-Style Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- Peanut Butter Cup & Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Bakery-Style Monster Cookies
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
For the Crust
- 25 oreo cookies
- 4 tbsp salted butter, melted
For the Peanut Butter Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese Use the full-fat, block style here
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 container cool whip, thawed
For the Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- A few handfuls of chopped peanut butter cups, for garnish
- Make the Crust: Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray. Pulse the oreos in a food processor until finely ground. Stir in the melted butter and press this mixture into your prepared dish. Chill this in the fridge for at least 1 hour before adding the filling.
- Make the Peanut Butter Filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on high speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the peanut butter and mix until combined with the cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar, and mix until fully combined with the peanut butter mixture. Add the vanilla and salt and give it a quick mix. Add the cool whip and mix until just combined. Spread this filling into your chilled crust, and chill at least 4-6 hours before adding the whipped cream and serving.
- Make the Whipped Cream: Add the whipped cream ingredients to your Oster One-Touch Blender. Blend on "medium" or "high" for about 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and smooth. Give it a stir about halfway through to check the consistency. Pile the whipped cream on top of your chilled pie, and gently nudge it towards the edges with the back of a spoon, creating swoops as you go. Sprinkle on the crushed peanut butter cups.
- Serve + Store: You can serve the pie right away once the whipped cream has been added, or you can continue chilling overnight to serve the next day! Slice and serve, and enjoy! Keep leftovers, covered, in the fridge for a few days.
- Make-Ahead Tips: The pie crust with the filling can be covered and chilled in the fridge for up to 2 days before topping and serving. The whipped cream-topped pie can be covered and chilled overnight before serving. (I recommend storing it in a cake carrier or something with a domed top so you don't squash the whipped cream down!)