These edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites are the best bite-size treat! They’re made with simple ingredients, tons of mini chocolate chips, and cream cheese to keep them extra creamy without any raw egg. Eat ’em plain or add them to a bowl of ice cream for a fun, easy dessert!
How fun is this recipe?! This is one time it’s safe to eat raw cookie dough, because we heat treat the flour and there are no raw eggs! Let’s dive in and satisfy those cookie dough cravings.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – Who can resist delicious bites of edible cookie dough?!
- Mini Chocolate Chips – This no bake dessert has mini chocolate chips in every bite.
- Creamy Texture – I used cream cheese to keep these extra creamy, just like regular cookie dough!
- Butter – I prefer salted butter, but use your preference.
- Flour – You’ll need to heat treat your flour so it’s safe to eat raw. The best way to do this is to bake it on a sheet pan for just 5 minutes and you’re good to go! (Full directions below.)
- Sugars – I use a combination of both granulated sugar and brown sugar to keep these cookie bites super soft and flavorful.
- Vanilla extract – Use real vanilla extract for the best results and flavor.
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese keeps these bites extra creamy!
- Dairy-Free – Feel free to swap your favorite non-dairy or vegan butter and cream cheese to keep this recipe dairy-free.
- Gluten-Free – This recipe would theoretically work well with a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour, but I haven’t tested it myself. Let me know if you try it!
How to Make this Recipe Step-by-Step:
Step 1: Heat Treat the Flour. This is a super simple step that makes the raw flour safe to eat. Spread your flour on a baking sheet or cookie sheet (no parchment paper needed) and bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Let cool and then use as normal!
Step 2: Make the Cookie Dough. Start with the wet ingredients. Cream your butter and sugars in a medium mixing bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the vanilla and cream cheese, and mix until nice and creamy.
Step 3: Mix in the dry ingredients. Add the heat-treated flour and salt, mixing until just combined. Add the mini chocolate chips last!
Step 4: Roll the Dough into Balls. Scoop the edible cookie dough into bites or balls using a 1/2 tablespoon or tablespoon measuring spoon. You can make them as large or small as you like! Once they’re rolled, they’re ready to eat.
Expert Success Tips:
- Extra Chocolate – Press a few extra chocolate chips into the outside of the cookie dough balls for extra chocolate and a pretty looking treat.
- Softened Dairy – Be sure your butter and cream cheese are at room temperature before mixing, so everything creams together smoothly.
- Chocolate Chips – Be sure to use mini and not regular chocolate chips because they’re too big for these small bites.
- Chocolate Alternatives – Feel free to swap in milk chocolate or dark chocolate for the semi-sweet, or try a mix of chocolate and butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, or any other type you enjoy!
- Size – Make the bites a little smaller to make them the size of the cookie dough bites you’d find in cookie dough ice cream. I made mine a little oversize for that, but they’re still perfect for adding to ice cream!
Serving + Storing this Recipe:
Store chocolate chip cookie dough bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for longer. Let thaw in the fridge overnight before using.
- Mini Ice Cream Scoop – Use a mini ice cream or cookie scoop to quickly scoop the bites instead of using a measuring spoon and rolling them.
I know you’ll love this no bake recipe – once you start making this edible cookie dough recipe, you won’t be able to stop! Serve it up in a bowl of ice cream with melted chocolate or caramel sauce. This is one of the best easy treats to make for movie nights at home!
More Easy Recipes for Chocolate Chip Lovers:
- One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Cookie Dough Energy Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cups
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Nutella
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
No Bake Cookie Dough BItes
- 1 and 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened at room temperature 8 tbsp, or 113 grams
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more as desired I used semi-sweet chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt, vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, etc.
- Heat-Treat the Flour: Preheat your oven to 350° F. Evenly spread the flour on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Let cool, then use as directed.
- Make the Cookie Dough Bites: In a medium mixing bowl, cream the softened butter for 30 seconds. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix until well creamed, about 1 minute. Add the vanilla and cream cheese and mix until well combined. Add the flour and salt and mix until just until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop into balls about 1 and 1/2 tsp (1/2 tbsp) or 1 tbsp in size. You can make them smaller or larger – whatever you prefer.
- Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.