World, meet Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies! They’re ultra fudgy, with crackly tops – and three kinds of chocolate chunks! We’re mixing semi-sweet, milk, and dark chocolate to make the richest possible chocolate cookie. Sprinkle some flaky sea salt over those melted pools of chocolate and you’re in business.
Wowowowow, friends. I don’t think I ever need to eat another cookie again for AS LONG AS I LIVE! That’s a big deal. These cookies are insane – if you couldn’t already tell from the TRIPLE chocolate part. They also feel like a special-occasion sort of thing, but the level of ease it takes to make these couldn’t be lower!
Which is perfect – and dangerous – because it means you’ll be making these ALL THE TIME!
How to Make Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
These are as simple to make as your average chocolate chip/chunk cookies – but there’s a trick to getting that crinkly top on the cookies! Beat your sugar and eggs together for about 2 minutes, until it’s frothy (see below). That’s it – a simple trick that yields amazing results.
Next, melt your chocolate – I used unsweetened + semisweet mixed together, and it was amazing. If you want these to be a tad sweeter, use bittersweet and semisweet chocolate.
Mix in a few other basic ingredients like flour, salt – ya know, the usual suspects. Next – chop up your THREE kinds of chocolate chunks! Semi-sweet, dark, and milk chocolate.
Stir those into the batter (which will be pretty thick and sticky). Chill the batter 1 hour in the fridge or 30 minutes in the freezer.
Roll into a generous tablespoon-size ball, and bake! Then, sing the Hallelujah Chorus when the oven timer dings, because you’re about to taste the most RIDICULOUS chocolate cookies!!
And, of course, you know how I feel about my flaky sea salt. Sprinkle some on top, and devour these while they’re still warm and gooey from the oven!
I mean, just look at that gooey, fudgy interior! These are best enjoyed with a glass of cold milk, and a friend! Just one – because you’ll want about 11 cookies each, and that’s the batch. Better make double :).
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag @bluebowlrecipes with your photo! I’d love to see what you make!
Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 4 ounces unsweetened or bittersweet chocolate, chopped See Note
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 TBSP salted butter
- 1/2 cup + 1 TBSP granulated or cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 7 ounces chopped chocolate - use a mix of milk, semi-sweet, and dark chocolate
- flaky sea salt, for topping
- Make the Dough: Add the semi sweet chocolate chips and unsweetened or bittersweet chocolates to a microwave safe bowl with the butter and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until fully melted and smooth. The mixture will be super thick! Set aside to cool slightly. In a medium mixing bowl, add the eggs and sugar and beat 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer, until the mixture is light and frothy. Mix in the vanilla. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. The mixture will be quite thick and might not seem quite like cookie dough - that's normal!Mix in your chocolate chunks. Cover the dough tightly and chill in the freezer 30 minutes or in the fridge 1 hour.
- Prep: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (yes 325 - not 350). Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Scoop cookies into a generous tablespoon size, using a spoon (the dough is too thick for a cookie scoop to be effective). Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet (I did about 6-7 cookies per sheet). Bake for 10-11 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet a few minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve + Store: These are best enjoyed while warm, with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and a cold glass of milk! Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temp for about a week. I like popping a leftover cookie in the microwave for 6-8 seconds before eating to get it warm and gooey again.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply