These epic Chocolate Stuffed S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies are stuffed with chocolate bar pieces, topped with homemade marshmallow cream, and finished off with a luscious chocolate ganache and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs. You’ll be making and eating these all summer long!
It may seem like there’s a lotttt going on with these cookies – and that’s true – but let’s break it down step by step!
First, we’re making a simple batch of soft chocolate chip cookies – when you roll the dough balls, put a piece of a hershey’s chocolate bar into the center of each one. SO GOOD.
The Marshmallow Cream
This is a 3-ingredient dream that’s even better than the marshmallow fluff you get in jars at the store. All you need are egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar. It’s absolutely worth the few extra minutes of time to make it! However, if you’re in a time crunch, you can swap this for store-bought marshmallow fluff.
The Chocolate Ganache
This is a simple mixture of heavy cream + chopped semi sweet chocolate – don’t skip this part! It’s SO incredible and puts the cookies right over the top.
Put it all together!
To assemble our epic cookies, spread a little marshmallow cream over the cookie, then top with the chocolate ganache, and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs. If you want, you can toast the marshmallow cream with a blow torch before adding the chocolate ganache, but that’s optional!
If you’re still in need of convincing about these cookies, I sent them to work with Grant when I made them and a few people told him they were the best cookies they’d ever had. So, I hope you’re convinced that you should be stepping into the kitchen to start baking these as we speak! Heh.
Happy S’mores-ing and Happy Summer!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Chocolate Stuffed S'mores Cookies
For the Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened (16 tbsp, 2 sticks, or 226 grams)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 extra large hershey's bars
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate, finely chopped Use some good quality baking chocolate here, like Baker's or Ghirardelli brand
- graham cracker crumbs, for topping
- Make the cookie dough: Using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar, and mix until well creamed together with the butter. Add the vanilla and eggs, and mix until just combined. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips last. Chill the cookie dough, covered, in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Bake cookies: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Divide the dough into 25 balls. When rolling the cookie dough balls, flatten the dough out a bit, and stick a piece of the hershey's bar in the center, then fold the dough over it and roll into a ball. Bake cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet, make sure to keep them 1-2 inches spread apart so they don't run together in the oven. Bake for 8-9 minutes. The cookies will just look barely done, or a tad underdone - that's perfect! They'll set up as they cool, and you don't want to overbake them.
- Make the Chocolate Ganache: Place chopped chocolate in a bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a small pot over medium heat until simmering. Pour over the chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes, then stir together until smooth. If any lumps remain, microwave for 10 seconds at a time, stirring between intervals, to smooth out.
- Make the Marshmallow Cream: Don't make this until you're ready to assemble the cookies!While the cookies cool, make the marshmallow cream. Ideally, you want to make this on a not super humid day, but work with what ya got! Fill a small/medium pot with about two inches of water. Grab a heat safe bowl and place it over the water to make sure it sits high enough that it won't touch the water. Remove the bowl, and bring the water to a simmer over low heat. Place the egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in the bowl and place it over the simmering water. Whisk this mixture constantly while it cooks over the low simmering water - about 3-4 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reaches 170° F without touching the bottom of the bowl.It will go from thick, to thinner + frothy, and you shouldn't feel any granules of sugar in the mixture. Remove the bowl from the heat, add the vanilla, and immediately begin mixing with an electric mixer (make sure the beaters are clean and dry!) on high speed for about 5 minutes. It's done when you can turn off the mixer, lift it straight up, and stiff peaks form and hold.
- Assemble Cookies: Spread some marshmallow cream over the cookies, then top with chocolate ganache and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply