S’mores Dip is a no-effort, crowd-pleasing dessert made with layers of melted hersheys chocolate bars, gooey pockets of peanut butter, and plenty of toasted marshmallows on top. Dig in with graham crackers, fresh fruit, and any other dippers you like! It’s the best way to enjoy s’mores without the campfire.
Why you’ll love this Easy S’mores Dip:
- Melted Chocolate & Peanut Butter – You’ll scoop up pools of peanut butter and melty chocolate in every bite!
- Easy Recipe – This is the perfect dessert for non-bakers since it’s just throwing 3 simple ingredients in a pan and popping into the oven. But, this easy dessert will still impress a crowd!
- Toasted Marshmallows – A layer of gooey marshmallows provide the ultimate campfire experience.
- S’mores Experience – This delicious dip is a fun twist on the classic campfire treat that you can make through all the summer months – it’s the best thing to make when it’s too hot outside for an actual campfire! It’s perfect for a movie night or any summer occasion.
As always, the full recipe with measurements & directions can be found at the bottom of this post.
- Chocolate – I used hershey bars because they are the obvious choice when making s’mores! I did use their xl size bars.
- Peanut Butter – Use any peanut butter you like (I prefer a Jiff type over a natural pb here).
- Marshmallows – I used large marshmallows, but you can use mini marshmallows as well.
- Dippers – Have fun with the dippers! Use chocolate and regular graham crackers, fruit, or even things like animal crackers, vanilla wafers, ritz crackers, nutter butters, and oreos.
- Dairy-free – Use your favorite dairy-free chocolate!
- Gluten-free – Use gluten-free graham crackers to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Nut-Free – Simply omit the peanut butter or use something like sun butter which is nut free.
- Chocolate – Use a mix of milk chocolate chips and semisweet chocolate chips if desired, in place of the hershey’s. I think just milk chocolate chips would be a bit on the sweet side. You can even use dark chocolate if you are a dark chocolate lover!
- Marshmallows – Use marshmallow fluff in a pinch, but the bake time will likely be 2-5 minutes – keep an eye on it.
How to Make this S’mores Dip Recipe Step-by-Step:
Step 1: Add Chocolate. Place chocolate into a greased 10-inch oven safe skillet. It does not need to be in a flat layer.
Step 2: Add Peanut Butter (if using). Add peanut butter and spread it as best you can – it does not need to be perfect in the slightest!
Step 3: Top with Marshmallows. Top the dessert off with a single layer of marshmallows.
Step 4: Bake. Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 5-10 minutes, or until chocolate is melted and marshmallows are golden brown. I added a bit of char to my marshmallows by torching them with a kitchen torch once out of the oven, because I can’t resist a good charred marshmallow!
Serve with all the fixings! I used honey graham crackers, chocolate graham crackers, and fresh strawberries as my dippers of choice. You could also use oreos or nutter butters for dipping if you really want to indulge!
Serving + Storing this Recipe:
Let this cool for 5-10 minutes before digging in, or you will burn your mouth. But, be sure to enjoy while it’s warm and gooey! Store cooled leftovers, covered, at room temperature for 2-3 days, reheating in the oven as desired. I don’t recommend transferring to an airtight container as it will be a mess. Just store in the cast-iron skillet at room temp!
Expert Success Tips:
- Let Dip Rest – Let the dip rest 5-10 minutes once it’s out of the oven, and be careful digging in as it will be very hot. I burnt my mouth because I took a huge bite as soon as it came out of the oven, so don’t be like me!
Yes! You can really make this easy treat in any size baking dish, larger or smaller. You essentially just need to fill the pan with a layer of chocolate, peanut butter (if using), and top with marshmallows.
Yes, you can but I recommend making it fresh to serve.
- Nut Butters – Feel free to use nutella, almond butter, or sun butter if you have a nut allergy! Any nut butter you love would be delicious here – especially if it’s chocolate!
- Chocolate – Mix up the chocolate and use whatever you like best, like a mix of semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips! You could even add a few handfuls of white chocolate chips if that’s your jam.
- Oven-Safe Skillet: This is a splurge purchase, but I love the 10-inch Staub Cast Iron Skillet. However, any oven-safe skillet of similar size will naturally work just fine, like this Lodge option.
- Blow Torch – If you want to, you can use a blow torch to get that nice char on your marshmallows. I use this one – you’ll just need to buy the small tank of gas that goes with this adapter piece. A regular kitchen torch that people often use has never worked well for me, and always broke quickly, so I don’t recommend that type.
More S’mores Recipes to Love:
- Campfire S’mores Stuffed Skillet Cookie
- Gooey S’mores Brownies
- S’mores Tart
- S’mores Donuts
- Stuffed S’mores Cookies
- Mini S’mores Cheesecakes
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Skillet S’mores Dip
- 3 XL hershey's bars (4.4 oz each)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter optional!
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- graham crackers i like a mix of honey & chocolate
- fresh fruit, like strawberries
- oreos, nutter butters, etc.
- Prep: Preheat your oven to 450℉. Spray a 9 or 10-inch oven safe skillet with nonstick spray.
- Assemble: Place the broken up chocolate bars in the bottom of your pan (it's fine if they overlap). Add dollops of peanut butter, if using, and spread around. Cover with a layer of marshmallows (no need to measure, just cover the layers underneath).
- Bake: Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the chocolate is melted and the marshmallows are puffed and golden. (I charred mine by giving them a little blow torch action after baking.)
- Serve & Store: Let rest 5-10 minutes out of the oven before serving – it will be very hot. Serve with desired dippers – graham crackers, cookies, fruit, etc.