These Energy Bites taste just like little balls of chocolate chip cookie dough – but they’re way healthier! Made with real-food ingredients like oats, shredded coconut, chia seeds, honey or maple syrup, any nut butter, and chocolate chips! They’re vegan, gluten-free, and oh-so-delicious!
Healthy cookie dough. This is what I’ve been waiting for all my life! I love prepping a batch of energy bites tor a quick breakfast, pre-workout snack, or for a healthier dessert! You know how everybody meal preps? Well, I believe in snack prep and dessert prep.
How to Make Energy Balls:
First, pulse your oats in the food processor – you just made oat flour! (A good food processor helps here because the mixture can be a bit thick once you add the remaining ingredients.)
Add all the other ingredients next – almond butter, shredded coconut, honey or maple syrup, chia seeds, ground flax seeds (flax meal – it gives a nice fiber boost!), protein powder (optional – I like the Vital Proteins one because it’s tasteless!), and chocolate (again optional, but amazing). If you’re not a fan of coconut do not worry – I promise these don’t taste like coconut! It just helps with the texture.
Roll them into balls and store in the fridge for easy on-the-go breakfasts or for just plain snacking.
You can even throw these bites in one of those handy little glass meal prep containers and then you can really call it meal prepping!
You can make these vegan by using maple syrup instead of honey, and by using dairy-free chocolate chips. You could also swap raisins or any dried fruit for the chocolate chips. This is a choose-your-own-adventure kind of snack! And, as you can see, it makes quite a few – which is perfect because you will not be able to eat just one at a time.
Happy not baking because these are no-bake! 🙂
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment below!
Healthy Cookie Dough Energy Bites
- 2 cups rolled oats use certified GF if necessary
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded coconut you can use sweetened or unsweetened
- 1/2 cup honey use maple syrup to make these vegan
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter, cashew butter, etc.
- 3 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP ground flax seeds flax meal
- 1-2 scoops protein powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks or chips use dairy-free to keep this recipe vegan, if desired
- Make the Energy Bites: Add oat flour to a food processor and pulse until broken down. Add the remaining ingredients - coconut, honey, almond butter, chia seeds, flax seeds, protein powder (I love the Vital Proteins one - it's tasteless!), salt, and chocolate chips. Pulse until a dough-like mixture forms. If it's too dry to roll into balls, add more nut butter or sweetener until you get the right consistency.
- Serve + Store: Roll into balls, and store in an airtight container in the fridge!
Order my new book: