Cranberry White Chocolate Energy Bites are the perfect make-ahead breakfast, snack, or healthy treat! They’re gluten-free, almost vegan, dairy-free, and refined sugar free. Plus, they basically taste like heavenly little bites of cookie dough!
This is my kind of recipe. Energy balls, energy bites – whatever you want to call them.
It’s a dump-it-in-the-food-processor kinda situation and I’m loving it. (I’ve included step-by-step photos below the recipe at the end of this post for you to reference if needed!) My motivation to cook/meal prep has been pretttyyyy low since Christmas, so having a batch of these in the fridge has been a little bit of a life saver come breakfast time/snack time/any other time that I’m hungry but too lazy to cook.
They taste like little bites of cookie dough (but not in a hurt-your-teeth-sugary kind of way) but they have a littleee more nutritional value than actual cookie dough – so that’s a big win. Coming from the girl who used to live off raw cookie dough half the time. I’m only sort of joking – ask my housemates.
I said this in my Non-Boring Healthy Recipes post, but it bears repeating. I don’t believe in super restrictive diets, even in January when they’re all the rage. HOWEVER – if you are looking to cut back on sugar, I think these are a great way to do that! They still feel enough like a treat to keep you from feeling totally deprived, while still being semi-nutritious. Balance, people! Of course, you can lessen the amount of sweetener used or leave out the white chocolate if you’re looking to decrease the amount of sugar in these even further.
The point is, that these are delicious and you should go prep a batch right now. Your future self will thank you! And I will thank you – because nothing makes my day more than when you make my recipes! I don’t say it enough, but thank you for being here and making what I do possible + worthwhile!
I hope your New Year is off to a fantastic start – happy baking! Well, these are no bake. So, happy snacking!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Cranberry White Chocolate Energy BItes
- 1 and 1/2 cup oats use certified GF if needed
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup, if vegan
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries craisins
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Make them: Add oats to food processor and pulse until broken down (see photo below). Add shredded coconut and pulse a few times to incorporate. Measure the almond butter + coconut butter into separate microwave-safe bowls and microwave for about 20-30 seconds to melt/soften. Add to the food processor and pulse until a dough forms. Add the salt, vanilla, and honey and pulse until incorporated. Taste, and add more honey if the dough isn't sticky enough to form into balls. Stir in the cranberries + white chocolate chips, or pulse them in if you don't mind them getting chopped up a bit. Form into balls!
- Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately. Store energy bites in airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
After all ingredients have been added (except the cranberries + white chocolate). You should have a slightly sticky sort of a dough that can hold together when formed into a ball.
Stir in cranberries + white chocolate!
And form into balls!
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply