Bringing you one of the best + most indulgent recipes ever today – Chocolate Granola made with olive oil, flaky sea salt, and chocolate chips (YES we went there!). It’s one of the best ways to treat yourself + add an extraordinary note to your day.
Thanks to NEW Oikos Oh! Double Cream
Yogurt for sponsoring this post! All opinions expressed are my own.
I highly recommend enjoying a treat like this at any time of day – afternoon snack, evening treat, or any other time of day that you can think of. You name a time of day, and I’ll tell you that it’s the perfect time for a treat like this.
The yogurt is super creamy – I mean, it’s called Double Cream for a reason – and there’s a river of hyper indulgent sauce on the bottom of each cup! My favorite is the Salt-Dusted Caramel Crème – how can I turn down something that has a caramel sauce? I can’t. And I won’t. Because caramel sauce is the best. And caramel sauce nestled in a cup of the creamiest yogurt, with a heavy sprinkle of chocolate granola on top? Even better. The combination of the yogurt’s creaminess and the crunch are a match made in heaven. The caramel + chocolate flavor combo is completely over the top, too – in the best way.
Let’s talk about how to make the granola. It’s super simple! We’re mixing dry ingredients together in one bowl, mixing wet in another, then combining them. The mixture gets spread out on a baking sheet and baked for about 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Then comes the fun part – sprinkle on the chocolate chips and pop the pan back in the oven for a few minutes – just until the chocolate is melty. Then, sprinkle on a little raw sugar and sea salt for some crunch, and that’s it!
The hardest part about making granola is waiting for it to cool – if you’re a big fan of having clusters in your granola, it’s important to let it cool for 1-2 hours before putting it into a storage container, so the clusters can set up. If you’re not into that, dig in while it’s still warm! SO GOOD.
Tell me how you indulge + treat yourself! Is it with chocolate? Is it with creamy dreamy yogurt? BOTH? I want to know – give me the details!
Happy Indulging, friends!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
- 1 and 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut I used sweetened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup raw turbinado sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped optional
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- flaky sea salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips I used milk chocolate, you could use semi-sweet or dark too
- NEW Okios Oh! Double Cream Yogurt for serving
- Prep: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the Granola: Stir together the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl (oats, coconut, cocoa powder, salt, half the turbinado sugar, and pecans). Whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, and vanilla in a small bowl. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is well combined. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer, and bake for 25 minutes, stirring around the edges to prevent them from burning halfway through. Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the granola, and return to the oven for 2-4 minutes, until the chocolate is melty. Remove from oven and sprinkle on the remaining turbinado sugar and some flaky sea salt. Let stand at room temp for 1-2 hours so it can cool and the granola clusters can set. If you don't care about having as many of those defined clusters, enjoy warm! Definitely let it cool, though, before putting it in a storage container.
- Serve + Store: Enjoy with Oikos Oh! Double Cream Yogurt. Store leftover granola in a tupperware container or glass mason jar at room temp for 2 weeks.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply