This Giant Peanut Butter Cup & Chocolate Chip Cookie is the ultimate dessert! It has a peanut butter cookie base, and is loaded up with plenty of chocolate chips and tons of peanut butter cups! It’s the perfect dessert to whip up when you’re short on time – just be sure to dig into it while it’s warm and gooey, with a glass of milk or a scoop of ice cream.
This recipe was originally published in Sept of 2017, but I just updated it with a few tweaks to make the recipe even better, and gave it new photos!
Milk and cookies. Is there anything more perfect than a plate of fresh-baked cookies and a glass of cold milk? Well, a GIANT cookie loaded with tons of peanut butter and chocolatey goodness might just top that! It’s the best of both worlds – peanut butter cookie lovers AND chocolate chip cookie lovers rejoice.
I mean, look at that warm, gooey spoonful!
How to Make a Giant Peanut Butter Cup + Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie:
The best part about this cookie? It takes almost no time to whip up – and uses super basic ingredients! All you need are:
- Salted Butter
- Peanut Butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking Soda
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Chips
Start by creaming softened butter with sugar. Then add your eggs and vanilla, and add your dry ingredients. Mix in your chopped peanut butter cups and chocolate chips last! I love using a mix of milk and dark peanut butter cups (the ones from Trader Joe’s are SO good!), but you can use whichever you prefer. I also recommend using semi-sweet chocolate chips here so it doesn’t become overly sweet – but you can also swap those out for dark or milk if that’s your preference!
Press the dough into an oven-safe skillet prepared with nonstick spray. This Staub skillet is my favorite for cooking and baking, but you can use any 10-inch skillet or similar size baking dish.
Press a few extra peanut butter cups and chocolate chips into the top of your cookie before baking, to make it look extra nice.
Now, pop this cookie in the oven and try to contain your excitement for just 25 short minutes while this bakes! This cookie has the best of everything – we’ve already covered the peanut butter chocolate situation, but let’s talk texture! The edges get a bit crisp in the oven, but the center is gooey and full of melty chocolate. It’s just the ultimate texture for a cookie of any size!
Once your cookie is out of the oven, top it with a pile of peanut butter cups and chocolate chips, and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt – it’s SO good with the sweetness + richness of the chocolate. Or, go one step further and top it with vanilla ice cream! (Or do both, like I did!)
Good luck getting this to last more than a few days. If you’re anything like we are, this cookie’s life span will be quite brief.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment below letting us know how you liked it!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with a photo of your creation!
Giant Peanut Butter Cup & Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup salted butter, softened at room temperature (2 sticks, 16 tbsp, or 226 grams)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed packed
- 3.4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips Plus extra for topping
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter cups, chopped Plus extra for topping
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-inch oven-safe skillet with nonstick spray.
- Make the Cookie: Cream the butter with electric mixer on high speed until well creamed. Add the peanut butter and mix until creamed with the butter. Add the sugars and mix on high until well creamed with the butters, at least 1 minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix just until the dry ingredients disappear and a cohesive dough forms. Mix in the chopped peanut butter cups and chocolate chips last. Press the dough into your prepared pan, and top with an extra handful of peanut butter cup pieces and chocolate chips.
- Bake: Bake for 24 to 26 minutes. The cookie will be golden brown and the edges will appear set. A toothpick inserted into the center will have some moist crumbs. Let the cookie rest for 10 minutes before digging in!
- Serve + Store: Enjoy while it's warm and gooey from the oven, with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt, more peanut butter cups and chocolate chips on top, and a glass of cold milk or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Store leftovers, well covered or in an airtight container, at room temp for 4-5 days. Gently re-heat slices in the microwave to get that gooey-ness back.
Order my new book: