This Vanilla Rum French Toast is a breeze to make! We’re packing this recipe full of flavor by using vanilla rum, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a little maple syrup. Toss fresh, juicy blackberries and pear slices with a little brown sugar and vanilla rum to top your french toast, and you’ve got the most delicious brunch possible!
This post is sponsored by our friends at Blue Chair Bay! All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible.
We all know that French Toast is one of the superior brunch foods – but I’ve made it even better by adding vanilla rum! Don’t worry – it’s still as simple to make as ever. Start with your basic mixture of milk and eggs, and add Blue Chair Rum’s smooth and flavorful Vanilla Rum! We’re also adding a little maple syrup, and some cinnamon and nutmeg to compliment the vanilla rum.
Whisk that all up, and grab some soft pillowy brioche bread! I prefer using brioche for french toast – lots of grocery stores have great options for brioche bread!
Dunk your bread in the french toast batter so it gets nice and soaked, and then lightly fry it on a griddle (my preferred method) until it’s beautifully golden brown on both sides.
To finish it off, toss some fresh pear slices and some fresh, juicy blackberries with a pinch of sugar, cinnamon and an extra splash of vanilla rum. This is the quickest topping ever for our french toast – and it’s SO delicious! It’s the perfect combination of late summer and early fall fruits.
Add some fruit to your french toast, add plenty of butter and maple syrup, and DIG IN! This is the best brunch situation – and it’s so quick and easy to pull together! Plus, the leftovers make for the best desk lunches the next day or two. Heh.
Happy fall brunching, friends!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo!
Vanilla Rum French Toast with Pears and Blackberries
For the Vanilla Rum French Toast
- 1 loaf brioche bread about a 1 lb loaf
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Blue Chair Bay Vanilla Rum
- 2 TBSP real maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the Fruit
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 1 TBSP Blue Chair Bay Vanilla Rum
- pinch brown sugar
- pinch cinnamon
- Prep: Whisk all the french toast batter ingredients together in a large, shallow bowl. Heat a griddle or pan over medium high heat and spray well with cooking spray or use butter to grease.
- Cook the French Toast: Working with a few pieces of bread at a time, soak each piece well on each side. Fry each piece on the heated and greased griddle/pan until golden brown - flip and repeat. To keep pieces warm as they come off the griddle, place them on a large plate and keep a kitchen towel over them.
- Mix up the Fruit Topping: Stir together the pear slices, blackberries and vanilla rum with a pinch of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve + Store: Serve the french toast warm with plenty of butter, maple syrup, and our spiced vanilla rum fruit!Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave.
Order my new book: