For all the picnics, potlucks, cookouts, and tailgates ahead – let me introduce, the Best Summery Pasta Salad! It’s full of delicious things like mozzarella, black olives, fresh basil, tomatoes, and it’s all swimming in the easiest Italian Dressing you ever shook up!
Raise your hand if you love pasta salad. Ok, now raise both your hands if you love pasta salads that are fast, flavorful, and can serve a whole lot of people. I thought so!
This pasta salad fits allllll those requirements – chop a few things, boil your pasta, shake up that Italian Dressing and you’re in business. I almost feel like I shouldn’t be sharing this since it’s almost not a “real” recipe – it’s so easy! But, it’s a good reminder to us all that summer is prime time to be eating big bowls of pasta salad.
Especially when that pasta salad is full of so many fresh delicious ingredients! In case your’e in need of any further summer inspiration, you could wash down this pasta salad with an equally delicious dessert of S’mores Tart or with Strawberry Caramel Crumble Bars.
Let’s just agree to make and love and eat summer food ALL THE TIME for as long as it’s warm out, mmkay?
Oh, and did I mention this pasta salad can be made GF super easily? Just be sure to use GF pasta!
Happy summer, friends! Tell me what delicious summery foods you’ve been munching on – I need to know!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Best Summery Pasta Salad
- 1 lb pasta
- 10 ounces fresh mozzarella I like to cut the pieces into halves or quarters
- 14 ounces summer sausage, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped and loosely packed
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt can add more, to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Make the Salad: Cook and drain the pasta. Add all the other ingredients and stir to mix everything up.
- Make the Dressing: Add dressing ingredients to a jar, make sure the lid is on tight, and shake it up for a good minute. Add dressing to salad and stir to combine well.
- Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately! Store leftovers, tightly covered, in the fridge for up to 5-6 days.
Order my new book: