This Classic Beer Bread recipe is incredibly easy to whip up – and it only requires 6 ingredients! Enjoy this while it’s piping hot from the oven, with a slather of salted honey butter. The leftovers – if you have any – make the most amazing grilled cheese sandwiches!
All you need to make this Beer Bread is:
- Baking powder
- One bottle of beer
- Salted butter
That’s it! Easy peasy – let’s walk it through so you can see just how easy it is.
To make this beer bread, stir together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Then add the honey and beer, and stir everything together. Am I blowing your mind with how easy this bread is to make? Heh.
You’ll have a shaggy wet looking dough, like this! Add it to your prepared pan, and add thinly sliced butter all over the top of the batter.
Then, bake the bread! Waiting for it to bake is honestly the only hard thing about this recipe!
Once it’s done, let it cool in the pan just a bit, and then slice and serve it up with plenty of salted honey butter – to make that, just mix together some softened butter and a little honey to taste, and finish with a pinch of flaky sea salt, if you’re into that.
I hope you whip up this recipe after seeing how simple it is – and I hope you become completely obsessed with it, like we are! Happy baking.
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Classic Beer Bread with Salted Honey Butter
For the Beer Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- One 12 oz bottle pale lager beer I used New Glarus' Two Women or Totally Naked
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, thinly sliced (4 tbsp)
- salted butter, honey, and flaky sea salt
- Prep: Line an 8 1/2- or 9-inch loaf with parchment paper, making sure to spray any exposed spots inside the pan with nonstick spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the Beer Bread: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the beer (make sure it's a fresh bottle so it hasn't gone flat) and honey, and stir until everything is combined. You'll have a lumpy thick batter. Spread this evenly in your prepared pan, and lay the slices of butter all over the top of the batter.
- Bake: Bake for 52-56 minutes. A knife inserted into the center of the bread will come out clean. (Make sure to use something longer than a toothpick so you can poke farther into the loaf - a toothpick is too short).
- Serve + Store: Let the bread cool for a few minutes in the pan. Make the salted honey butter by stirring a bit of honey (to taste) into some softened salted butter. Once it's cool enough to handle, slice and serve with salted honey butter! Add a sprinkle of flaky sea salt on top, if desired. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temp for a few days. This is best when it's fresh from the oven. Leftovers make a great grilled cheese!
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply