This Classic Cobb Salad is an incredibly easy meal to put together! Grill up some flavorful, marinated chicken, mix up a simple Honey Mustard Dressing, and assemble your salad! This classic cobb salad is made with cherry tomatoes, lettuce, bacon, avocado, chicken, hard boiled eggs, and a little feta cheese! The perfect way to start grilling season!
It’s almost May – and I’m itching to get the grill out! This salad was the perfect excuse to break our grill back in for the first time this season. Grilled chicken always tastes better – ya know? It just does. Especially when you marinate it for a few hours first in a honey mustard marinade. It goes perfectly with the flavors in this salad!
There are a few prep elements required to make this salad, but they’re all super quick – hard-boiled eggs can cook on the stove while you cook the bacon in the oven, while you grill the chicken! The eggs and bacon don’t really need any supervision, so you can grill the chicken while they do their thing.
Once that’s done, all that’s left to do is chop some lettuce, slice the cherry tomatoes and avocado, and shake up the dressing!
Oh, and here’s a picture of some beautiful bacon – I meant to take individual photos of all the ingredients but dang it I got hungry and just forgot! Oops, heh.
Toss the salad with the dressing just before serving and you’re in business! You can always prep all the components of this salad, keep them separate in the fridge, and toss one serving up each time you want, adding the dressing then. Salads that have been tossed and dressed usually don’t hold up in the fridge super well. This one holds up well in the fridge after it’s been fully assembled for about 2 days, but beyond that the lettuce starts to wilt and get a little weird.
Just look at all those gorgeous colors! This salad is anything but boring – it’s full of fresh flavors and textures. The perfect way to kick off grilling season!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Classic Cobb Salad with Tangy Honey Mustard Dressing
For the Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 TBSP honey mustard
- 2 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
For the Chicken Marinade
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 4 tsp honey mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 salt
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp oregano
For the Salad
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, diced
- 5 large hard-boiled eggs
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Prep: Mix up the ingredients for the chicken marinade in an airtight container. Add the chicken, and let marinate in the fridge for 4-6 hours. Cook the bacon according to package directions. Cook your eggs in a pot of boiling water for about 12-15 minutes, then remove and rinse under cold water.
- Cook the chicken: Cook the chicken on the grill, until no longer pink in the middle. If your chicken breasts are quite large, slice them through lengthwise so they cook quicker and evenly. You can also place them on a pan and cook at 350 degrees F, until no longer pink in the middle. Set aside.
- Dressing: Add dressing ingredients to a jar and shake well - make sure the lid is on tightly so it doesn't spill everywhere (not that I know from experience).
- Assemble Salad: Toss all ingredients together in a large salad bowl and add the dressing just before serving.
- Serve + Store: The assembled salad with the dressing keeps in the fridge well for about two days. If you're wanting to make it last for meals all week, I recommend keeping all components separate once they're prepapred, and assembling each salad as you're ready to eat it.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply