These Cranberry White Chocolate Crumble Bars come together so quickly – there’s no mixer required and the crumble dough doubles as the base and topping for this festive treat! Use homemade or store bought cranberry sauce for the filling, and pile on the white chocolate chips. This is a dessert you won’t be able to put down!
Cookie Week Day 3 is here! And the bar cookie obsession continues. I’ve always loved bar cookies – it’s just nice sometimes to throw all your dough into a pan and bake it all together.
This buttery oat crumble topping forms the base of our bars! All you need to make it is oats, flour, butter, salt, and a pinch of cinnamon!
Spread a layer of cranberry sauce on top – I’ve made this with both store bought and homemade, and either option works perfectly! Sprinkle on some white chocolate chips and you’re in business.
Wait – sprinkle on the buttery, crumbly topping and THEN you’re in business!
The one bad part about bar cookies is that they need time to cool before you cut into them, if you want them to hold a nice shape. If you don’t care about that, dig in while they’re still warm! Either way – these are FABULOUS!
That buttery, streusel topping is giving me life!! Happy baking!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo + leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Cranberry White Chocolate Crumble Bars
For the Crumble Base + Topping
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 2 and 1/2 sticks butter, melted I prefer salted
For the Filling
- 1 and 1/4 cup cranberry sauce store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.Cranberry Sauce: Use store-bought or make my 10-Minute Homemade Cranberry Sauce, omitting the bourbon. Let it cool for 30 minutes in the fridge before using in this recipe.
- Make the crumble mixture: Stir together all topping/crumble ingredients except the butter in a large mixing bowl. Pour the melted butter in last and stir together until all ingredients are combined.
- Bake: Reserve a heaping 1 and 2/3 cups of the mixture for the topping - set aside. Press the rest of the mixture into an even layer in the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Spread on the cranberry sauce and sprinkle on the white chocolate chips. Sprinkle the remaining crumble on top. Return to the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the crumble looks baked through and has lightly browned a tad.
- Serve + Store: Let cool completely before cutting into bars and serving. If you don't care about cutting neat squares that will hold their shape, you can dig in while it's still warm.Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temp for 5 days or in the fridge for a week.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply