This Spinach Artichoke Pizza tastes just like the classic, cheesy dip – but in pizza form! It’s made with garlic herb spreadable cheese, mozzarella, a little gruyere, spinach, artichokes, and our favorite pre-made dough for ease. Dive into this deep dish pizza – you’re sure to love it!
Thanks to our friends at Rhodes Bake-N-Serv for sponsoring this recipe! All opinions are my own.
If you like Spinach Artichoke Dip, you’ll absolutely love this pizza!! I mean we all love pizza right? And this one is deep dish, baked in a cast iron skillet, and marries our favorite dip with a carb base. Delicious! And, it’s super easy to make.
How to Make Deep Dish Cast Iron Pizza:
Spread a loaf of thawed Rhodes Thaw, Rise & Bake White (or whole wheat!) dough in a greased 10-inch cast iron skillet. Their bread dough makes some of the best easy pizza crust – and a bag comes with 3 or 5 loaves – meaning you can make lots of pizza now, or save some dough in your freezer for another day!
Layer on your garlic herb cheese spread, your mozzarella + gruyere, then add your artichoke hearts and some torn fresh spinach. Top with more cheese and bake ‘er up!
Look at that golden brown deliciousness! Top with a sprinkle of parmesan, and dive in while it’s hot and crisp from the oven! Pro tip: to easily get your cast iron pizza out of the very hot pan, tip the pan so the pizza slides out onto a cutting board. Then, you can easily cut it with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. You can also use any similar size baking dish in place of the cast iron pan, if you don’t have one.
I hope you love this pizza as much as we do! Happy baking + happy pizza-eating, friends!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with a photo of your creation! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Deep Dish Cast Iron Skillet Spinach Artichoke Pizza
- 1 loaf Rhodes Thaw, Rise & Bake Bread dough Thawed according to package directions
- 2 generous tbsp garlic herb spreadable cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese
- 1 jar artichoke hearts You'll only need about half the jar
- Few handfuls fresh spinach
- Prep: Make sure to thaw your dough according to the package directions, and give it the 2 hour rise at room temp. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch cast iron pan with nonstick spray. (You can also use any pan or baking dish of similar size.)
- Assemble the Pizza: Place your pizza dough in the prepared pan and stretch and press it out to fill the pan. This doesn't need to be perfect. Spread the garlic herb cheese spread on evenly - this is in place of a traditional sauce. Next, add the cheese, leaving behind a bit for the end. Then, scatter on a few artichoke hearts (you can chop them a bit so they're smaller, if you like). Add a sprinkle of torn, fresh spinach leaves. Sprinkle the bit of reserved cheese on top, with a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Bake: Bake for 15-18 minutes. The edges will be golden brown and crisp.
- Serve + Store: To easily serve the pizza, gently tip the pan over a cutting board, and the pizza should slide out. You can also use a flipper to help slide it out. Slice and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan, if desired. This is best fresh from the oven, but leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
Order my new book: