Gingerbread French Toast is a festive holiday recipe that comes together in no time. Fry your brioche bread in a simple batter of eggs, milk, molasses, and cozy spices like ginger and cinnamon. The finished product is perfectly golden brown, never eggy or soggy, and makes the easiest, coziest brunch!
This post is sponsored by our friends at Oster. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible!
What ingredients do I need to make Gingerbread French Toast?
This recipe uses simple ingredients, many of which you likely already have in your pantry! The batter for this french toast recipe consists of eggs, milk, molasses, maple syrup, vanilla, a pinch of salt, and of course, our cozy spices – ground ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Whisk these things all together in a shallow dish – this makes it easy to dunk your bread in and get it completely coated in the mixture.
How to cook a large batch of french toast:
My best trick for making french toast is to use a griddle! Oster’s DiamondForce™ Griddle makes whipping up french toast a breeze because you can fit 8 slices on it at a time, instead of just doing 2-3 at a time in a pan on the stovetop.
Cook your french toast until golden, about 2-3 minutes, then flip it over! This griddle has a long-lasting nonstick coating – making flipping your french toast a breeze, and preventing things from sticking to the griddle.
Once your french toast is cooked to golden brown perfection, plate it up and serve it!
What do I serve with Gingerbread French Toast?
I love adding a festive touch to this recipe by making sugared rosemary and cranberries. This step is certainly optional, but if you want that extra decorative touch, learn how to easily make these elements in this recipe. You can also serve this french toast with a side of fresh fruit, bacon, eggs, or any combination of those items!
My one non-negotiable for this recipe is that you must, must, must serve it with real maple syrup and a slather of butter! Okay, I suppose that’s two things – but you get the point. Heh. A flurry of powdered sugar is optional, but certainly makes your breakfast plate feel like a winter wonderland!
I hope you love this easy Gingerbread French Toast as much as we do! Happy brunching, and Merry Christmas.
Snag your own Oster DiamondForce™ griddle here!
More Brunch Recipes to Love:
Vanilla Rum French Toast with Blackberries + Pears – This breakfast is packed with the flavors of vanilla rum, cinnamon, nutmeg, and maple syrup. Toss fresh, juicy blackberries and pear slices with a little brown sugar and vanilla rum to top it off!
Restaurant-Level Stuffed French Toast – Fry up a cream cheese-stuffed brioche bread until golden brown, and top it with homemade whipped cream, fresh berries, and plenty of maple syrup.
Maple Brioche Cinnamon Rolls – The perfect make-ahead brunch! The dough is low-maintenance enough for anyone to tackle, and the Maple Cream Cheese Frosting is out of this world!
Bacon, Cheddar, and Chive Scones – These flaky, tender scones are loaded with cheddar, bacon, chives, and topped with creamy salted butter.
Raspberry Lemon Sweet Rolls – Made with a pillowy soft make-ahead brioche dough simple enough even for beginners. A mixture of raspberries, vanilla, and lemon zest bakes into the most delicious, jammy filling!
Overnight Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls – These rolls are soft, pillowy and flavored with ginger, cinnamon, and molasses, and filled with butter, brown sugar, and cozy spices. Top with a creamy cream cheese icing!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment below!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag @bluebowlrecipes with your photo – I’d love to see what you make! And, be sure to leave a comment + rating below if you make this recipe.
Easiest Gingerbread French Toast
- 1 loaf brioche bread Use a 1 lb loaf - I recommend Trader Joe's Brioche
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- fresh rosemary optional
- fresh cranberries optional
- maple syrup
- powdered sugar optional
- Make the French Toast Batter and Prep the Griddle: Add all the french toast ingredients (except for the bread, of course) to a large, shallow bowl and whisk together until well combined. Turn on your Oster DiamondForce Nonstick Electric Griddle and set to 275 degrees. Give it a light spray with nonstick spray once it's heated (this makes griddle cleanup a breeze!).
- Cook the French Toast: Working with a few pieces of bread at a time, soak each piece well on each side. Fry each piece on the griddle until golden brown - this will take just a few minutes - then flip and repeat. To keep the french toast warm as it come off the griddle, use the warming drawer below the griddle.
- Serve + Store: Serve the french toast warm with plenty of butter, maple syrup, and a flurry of powdered sugar. If desired, make sugared rosemary and cranberries for decoration following the directions given in this recipe. Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply