Who else likes breakfasts that are made with whole food ingredients, minimal sugar, and are still super filling? This Fall Glow Smoothie is a tasty little miracle in a bowl!
Smoothies and smoothie bowls are so great for breakfast! If you’re not on the smoothie train, let me convince you:
- Quick to make
- Require minimal ingredients (this one only has 6 + 2 spices you probably already have in your pantry)
- You can fill them with lots of wholesome things like sweet potatoes, spinach, almond butter, etc.
- Most of the ingredients are kept in the freezer – so it’s easy to keep all ingredients on hand!
- They’re easy to make vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free or all of the above!
For this beauty, we’re blending up some frozen sweet potato, a little pumpkin, some almond butter, almond milk, frozen banana, maple syrup, and a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Hello, fall flavors!
If you’re a little weirded about by the sweet potato – trust me. Okay? It’s so good and makes your smoothies incredibly creamy with a hint of added sweetness. Plus they have the good-for-you, filling kind of carbs, and some fiber – aka you won’t be hangry 10 minutes after eating this!
Which is what often happens to me when I opt for a wimpy granola bar for breakfast.
Plus – LOOK at that color! I love everything about this situation. You can get kinda fancy and top your smoothie bowl with whatever you like! I used coconut chips, cacao nibs, pepitas, and a drizzle of almond butter.
Plus, we can all feel good about our choices after having this for breakfast – and we might even treat ourselves to a reeses pumpkin later on. Because, balance. Happy fall!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Fall Glow Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet potato see note
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Add a little more liquid if the blender is having trouble bringing the ingredients together. Enjoy from a smoothie cup or as a smoothie bowl!
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply