Funfetti Christmas Cookies taste just like the funfetti cake mix cookies – without the box mix! These are soft, so easy to make, and loaded with white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Perfectly festive for the holiday season!
It’s Day 2 of Cookie Week! Whee! I cannot even tell you how much I love these cookies! They’re pretty much perfect – soft, full of sprinkles (in Christmas colors, no less, and they’re superrrr easy to whip up.
These will ABSOLUTELY be a hit on your holiday cookie plate! These were a favorite with my family last year and with the friends I shared them with this summer when I photographed this recipe (hah! yes, this recipe was photographed in June!).
Here are a few of my best tips for ensuring perfect cookies every time!
- Cream the butter on it’s own first before adding any other ingredients
- Cream the sugar into the butter long enough – the mixture shouldn’t be dry and crumbly, it should come together into a cohesive, thick, wet mixture – cream it for about 1-2 minutes
- Don’t over mix the dough – make sure you’re just mixing each ingredient in until it’s combined, and then stop mixing
- Pile the dough into taller balls to give that nice crinkle effect in the baked cookies
- Make a double batch because these will be gone FAST
Note that when you take these cookies out of the oven, they will look a bit underdone – this is NORMAL and this is the right time to take them out! If you leave them in a minute or two longer, they’ll end up being dry once they cool. Take them out when they look like they need a minute or two more – they’ll set up as they cool and they’ll be perfectly soft.
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo + leave a comment!
Funfetti Christmas Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened I use salted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated or cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 egg
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Prep: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make Cookies: Cream softened butter in a large mixing bowl until well combined and creamy. Add the sugars and beat until they are creamed into the butter - the mixture should be light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and vinegar, and mix until just combined. Add the egg and mix until just combined. Add the salt, baking soda, corn starch, and flour and mix until just combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel or foil and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Don't skip the dough chilling - it's important for helping the cookies hold their shape when they bake.
- Bake: Form dough into balls and bake on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet for 8 minutes. Note that when you take these cookies out of the oven, they will look a bit underdone - this is NORMAL - this is the right time to take them out! If you leave them in a minute or two longer, they'll end up being dry once they cool. Take them out when they look like they need a minute or two more - they'll set up as they cool and they'll be perfectly soft. Once baked, let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately! Store cookies in an airtght container at room temp for about a week.
Order my new book: