Marinated lamb is grilled until tender with greek-inspired flavors like lemon and oregano, and served in warm tortillas with fresh greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and tzatziki. It’s an easy and delicious summer meal!
Thanks to our friends at the American Lamb Board for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own.
Let’s quickly run through how to make these tacos – they’re SO easy! First, marinate your locally-produced American Lamb meat for an hour or so in a mixture of fresh lemon juice + zest, olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic. Then, throw it in a grill pan over medium heat.
Stir it while it cooks, and cut into a piece to check for desired doneness. It only needs about 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces.
Remove the pan from the heat once the lamb is done, and get ready to assemble your tacos!
Let’s meet our supporting cast for these greek-inspired lamb tacos:
- Charred tortillas – you can do this on the grill over low heat or over a stove burner, carefully.
- Creamy Tzatziki – I used store-bought, but you can make your own too! I have a recipe for it in this post.
- Cucumbers, Tomatoes, and Red Onion – Chop all of these veggies into bite-size pieces for added flavor + texture
- Fresh Greens – Leafy greens are a must for me in this recipe! They create a soft bed for everything else to nestle in.
- Lemon Juice, salt, and pepper – Adding a hit of each of these at the very end finishes this dish off perfectly.
And, that’s it! These tacos are insanely easy, and they’re fun to make for a date-night in, or a patio dinner on a summer evening with friends. No matter how you enjoy these, just be sure to use locally-produced lamb meat for the best flavor + freshness! Plus – it supports your local producers in the process. If you need help finding local lamb in your area, use the American Lamb Board’s Where to Buy tool – they’ll send you a customized list of local lamb producers in your area!
And, learn how grilling with American Lamb this summer can win you some incredible prizes – check out the summer contest details here!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make! Be sure to leave a comment + rating if you make this recipe so I can see how you liked it!
Greek Grilled Lamb Tacos
- 1 lb American lamb stew meat
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 and 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Zest of half a large lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Generous pinch salt + pepper
- cucumber, chopped
- roma tomatoes, diced
- red onion, sliced
- fresh greens
- feta cheese
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- Marinate the Lamb: Add the lamb to a tupperware container with all the marinade ingredients. Attach the lid tightly and shake to combine everything. Let marinate in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Grill the Lamb: Heat your grill over medium heat. Add the lamb to a grill pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-10 minutes. Cut into one of the larger pieces to check for doneness - if a larger piece is done, the rest should be too. Smaller pieces will be well done, and larger pieces will be medium well. The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145degrees, followed by
- Serve + Store: Assemble your tacos with all the fixings! Enjoy immediately. Store leftover lamb meat in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Order my new book: