Peach Buratta Salad is made with summer’s finest. This quick and easy salad is made with fresh basil, sweet peaches, juicy cherry tomatoes, toasted sourdough, crisp bacon, burrata cheese, and a zingy dressing to top it all off!
What is a Panzanella Salad?
A really traditional Panzanella Salad has tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, bread in some form, and would be topped off with olive oil and vinegar. It’s a salad that makes a great light meal, but you can also serve it alongside some sort of grilled protein for an epic summer dinner. People have been riffing on this concept for years, and this is my take on it!
What’s in this Panzanella Salad?
Instead of using onions and cucumbers, I built my salad around fresh summer peaches! Mine has:
- Fresh, juicy summer peaches
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Crisp bacon
- Toasted bread cubes
- Burrata cheese
And, we’re topping this all off with a zippy dressing made with olive oil, honey, garlic, vinegar, lemon, and salt + pepper. Never fear – homemade dressing is superr easy to make – just add the ingredients to a mason jar and shake it up!
How do I make a Panzanella Salad?
It’s an incredibly easy recipe! The only parts that require cooking are the bacon and bread. Chop some uncooked bacon into bite-sized pieces and fry it up in a skillet. Then, fry up your bread cubes in the bacon grease – so delicious! Once those things are ready, assemble your salad.
Make a bed with the fresh basil, and add sliced peaches and cherry tomatoes, the crisp bacon, burrata cheese, and finish with a drizzle of that zippy dressing!
Happy cooking, and happy peach season!
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment below letting us know how you liked it!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with a photo of your creation!
Peach Panzanella Salad with Bacon and Burrata
For the Salad
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups cubed sourdough bread
- A few generous handfuls fresh basil
- 4 medium peaches, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 container burrata cheese One container typically contains 1 large ball of the cheese - that's what you need.
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 1-2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Make the Bacon and Toasted Bread: Chop the raw bacon into large sections. Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon until done to your liking. Remove and set on a paper-towel lined plate. Add the bread cubes and toast, stirring, over medium heat. Once golden brown, remove and set them aside.
- Make the Dressing: Shake up all dressing ingredients in a mason jar until well combined.
- Assemble your Salad: Add a few handfuls of fresh basil to your serving dish or bowl. Next, add the peach slices, tomatoes, bacon, toasted bread, and the burrata.
- Serve + Store: Drizzle with the dressing, and enjoy! The dressing makes more than you'll likely need for this salad, but I like to make the full amount anyways and then keep the rest on hand in the fridge for other salads throughout the week. I don't recommend making any of this ahead, other than the dressing. The leftovers are pretty good on the second day, but this is really best made + eaten on the first day.
Order my new book: