These are the Best Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies! They’re super easy to make, and there’s no dough chill time! Enjoy these insanely delicious, cinnamon-spiced cookies while you can – they’ll be gone fast.
This recipe was originally published in December of 2017 but I just updated it with new photos and I improved the recipe to yield more flavorful cookies!
I told myself I would never use the word “perfect” to describe any of my food. That was before these Snickerdoodle cookies entered my life. They’re everything I’ve ever wanted in a cookie and more. So soft, fluffy, and full of amazing flavor – yes, yes, and more yes. But most importantly, there’s NO DOUGH CHILLING!
Look at that fluffy-cookie perfection! ??✨If you’re feeling in need of a relaxing baking task this season, look no further.
These fit the bill in every way – they’re not cutout cookies, they need no decoration other than a quick dip in a bowl of cinnamon sugar, and they don’t have to be chilled before baking! (Although, they can be if you need to whip up the dough now and bake in a day or two.)
While you don’t need to chill the dough for these cookies, I do recommend building your dough balls a little higher than usual, to help prevent spreading.
Good luck not devouring all the delicious little cookie dough balls. It’s pretty hard but the final product will make you glad you didn’t! Come to think of it, you better make two batches of these Snickerdoodles – they’ll be gone in the blink of an eye!
Happy fall baking!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment below!
Perfect Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated or cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups + 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 and 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the cookie dough: Cream the softened butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix until well creamed. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and a pinch of cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, scraping the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Bake: Roll the dough into balls and roll through a bowl of cinnamon + sugar. Bake 9 minutes. Let cool a few minutes on the pan and then transfer to a rack to let them cool completely (or enjoy them while they're still warm!)
- Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately! Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temp for 4-5 days.
- Make Ahead Tips: The dough can be made up to 2 days ahead, covered tightly, and stored in the fridge. Let the dough come up to room temp for a bit before baking.
Order my new book: