Red Velvet Cheesecake Oreo Truffle Bars. Winning longest recipe name and our hearts since day one. This is probably the most decadent, yet least involved dessert I’ve ever come up with. How perfect is that for Valentine’s Day?! So perfect.
So, you’re probably wondering what exactly is a Red Velvet Cheesecake Oreo Truffle Bar. Well, I’ll tell ya!
Anatomy of a Red Velvet Cheesecake Oreo Truffle Bar:
- A red velvet cake base, made super simple by using a cake mix
- A cheesecake-flavored pudding mix added into the cake mix for extra flavor and an extra moist cake base
- An oreo truffle layer – made by mixing crushed oreos and cream cheese
- A layer of melted chocolate generously drizzled all over the top
- To top it all off – a hefty sprinkle of mini chocolate chips, because WHY NOT 💜
Have I convinced you that these absolutely must be on your menu this Valentine’s Day? Ok – it honestly does not matter if you’re making these for a significant other, your family, your girlfriends (GALENTINE’S!) or yourself (preferably yourself – TREAT YO SELF). Either way – these are the bomb.com.
I also hope that you all get the Parks & Rec references I casually (not so casually) dropped in the previous sentence. If not, please go educate yourself 😉
This is definitely not your perfectly-portioned dessert-for-two Valentine’s recipe. Sorry, friends. I go big or go home when it comes to Valentine’s desserts!
(I’m playing with the idea of posting a two-person dessert recipe early next week though – pleaseee let me know if that’s something you would like to see!)
In the meantime, enjoy yourself with a big pan full of these lucious dream bars.
Spread the love this Valentine’s Day – it’s easy when your dessert recipe yields 20 bars!
See that bite taken out of that bar up there 👆🏻 That wasn’t so much an “artistic” bite as it was an “I’m dying to eat these right now” bite. I’m going to enjoy myself some of these bars tonight, while watching A Charlie Brown Valentine, like the cool person that I am.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 package instant pudding mix, cheesecake flavored
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 package Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Add the box of cake mix, the pudding mix, melted butter, 2 eggs, and the vegetable oil to a mixing bowl and mix until combined with electric mixer. Spread this mixture into the pan (it will be thick) and bake for about 20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Crush the Oreos using the bag + rolling pin method or in a food processor. Mix the Oreo crumbles with the softened cream cheese (I did this with a wooden spoon, not an electric mixer).
- Once the bars are almost completely cooled, spread the oreo mixture over the top in blobs, pressing it in gently to avoid tearing up the top of the cake.
- Drizzle the top of the bars with melted chocolate and sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the chocolate while still wet. Cover with foil and transfer to the fridge to let everything set up. Enjoy!