Small Batch Peach Salsa is here to help you use up the last of your summer produce! Fresh tomatoes, garden basil, and juicy peaches are all you need (plus some onion, lime juice, salt, and pepper) to make this amazing appetizer!
This is the MOST perfect way to use up the last of your fresh seasonal produce. I had a few garden-fresh tomatoes (thanks, Mom!), a few peaches (thanks farmer’s market!) and plenty of basil in our patio herb garden. I reallyyy wanted to find a way to use them up that was practical, easy, and super tasty.
Not to brag or anything, but I think I succeeded.
This is the easiest appetizer or snack! Just chop up some onion, fresh basil, a tomato, a peach and toss them together with a little lime juice, salt and pepper. That’s all!
Perfect Small-Batch Peach Salsa Occasions:
- A snack for you and a friend or two
- It’s game-day and you want/need a last minute appetizer (the recipe can be doubled or quadrupled to feed larger crowds!)
- A snacky meal for these last hot days when you don’t feel like cooking
- That moment you look into your fridge and see some produce that needs to be used up ASAP
Serve with tortilla chips – obviously! This is a great snack for 2-4 people. You can definitely double this recipe if you need to feed more people! Or if you just want to make sure you get your fill of late summer tomatoes and peaches. I don’t know about you, but that’s the thing I’ll miss most about summer! Other than that, I’m all aboard the fall train.
I don’t recommend making this in advance, as it’s best the day-of. But, that’s not a problem because you only need 5-10 minutes to throw this together! It’s a beautiful thing, this peach salsa. Savor these last days of summer, friends! Fall is just around the corner. And I’ll be dipping chips into this peach salsa with one hand, while flipping through pumpkin recipes with the other hand.
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment below!
Small-Batch Peach Salsa
- 1 large peach
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 a yellow onion
- lime juice to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Prep: Chop your peach and tomato into bite-size chunks. Dice the onion, and finely dice the basil.
- Toss: Toss peach, tomato, onion, and basil together in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste.
- Serve + Store: Serve immediately, with chips! Store, covered, in the fridge for a day or two. It's best eaten the day-of.
Order my new book: