Homemade Pumpkin Granola is like a warm, cozy autumn hug in a bowl! It’s naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan and made with real food ingredients like oats, maple syrup, real pumpkin, cinnamon, pecans, and flaky sea salt.
I can’t get enough of pumpkin this time of year – obviously – and I seem to have a knack for incorporating it into breakfast foods! See this recipe for Pumpkin Bread and this recipe for Pumpkin Muffins.
There’s just something about having those cozy fall flavors for breakfast – and in this case, it’s in the form of a healthy, vegan, refined sugar free, and gluten-free granola. And, it’s a make-ahead situation that will have your breakfasts set for the whole week. All-around win!
Pop a few handfuls of granola into a bowl full of vanilla yogurt, top with a little drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and you’re in business. The business of eating delicious, filling, cozy fall breakfasts, that is.
How to Make Homemade Granola:
It’s super simple! Stir together your dry ingredients, stir together your wet ingredients, and add them to the dry ingredients. Spread on a baking sheet and bake! One thing to note here is that when the granola is done baking, it will still seem wet. This is SUPPOSED to happen. It will crisp up as it sets on the baking sheet after coming out of the oven. I promise. Don’t over-bake it like I did in my recipe testing because you’ll burn it. Oops.
I mean, how can you even resist this pan of fall bliss? Even the most pumpkin-skeptical of you will find yourself loving this recipe. I’m confident of that! It tastes like a crisp, warm, pumpkin spiced cookie.
Happy fall, friends! I can’t believe it’s October already!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Homemade Pumpkin Granola
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 TBSP canned pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats Buy certified GF if needed
- 1 cup shredded coconut Can use sweetened or unsweetened
- 1 and 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 and 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 TBSP raw sugar, optional for added crunch Can skip this if keeping refined sugar free
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together the pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, and olive oil. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Line 2 small baking sheets or one large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the granola out evenly.
- Bake: Bake for 15 minutes, then stir the granola a bit, mainly pushing the granola around the edges of the pan into the center so things brown evenly. Bake for 17 more minutes. Let cool on the pan for a bit (15-30 minutes) and it will crisp up as it cools - even if it still seems a bit moist/soft when you take it out of the oven.
- Serve + Store: Store leftovers in an airtight container (or a mason jar) at room temp for up to 2 weeks.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply