Monkey Bread just got a mini-makeover into these cute & bite-sized muffins! It’s the same classic buttery, cinnamon-sugar goodness we all know and love, made easier with pre-made dough. Top it off with a cranberry orange glaze for an easy and festive brunch!
This post is sponsored by our friends at Rhodes Bake-N-Serv! All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible.
These Monkey Bread Muffins are insanely good! They’re crazy easy to make too – and this recipe makes just 8 little muffins. Let’s learn how to make them!
You’ll need a few super basic ingredients:
- Rhodes Thaw, Rise, & Bake Dinner Rolls (they make this recipe such a breeze!)
- Fresh Oranges – we’ll use the juice and the zest
- Butter – it wouldn’t be monkey bread without plenty of buter!
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, & Cloves – for flavoring our cinnamon sugar
- Sugar – Definitely forgot to add this to the photo, heh, but an essential part of monkey bread
- Cranberries – you can use fresh or frozen cranberries to make your own cranberry sauce for the glaze, or you can use a can of store-bought. Either works fine!
First, melt your butter in a bowl, and mix up your cinnamon sugar in another, with a pinch of orange zest thrown in.
Cut each thawed roll into four pieces, and roll each of those pieces in the butter, and in the cinnamon sugar. Things are starting to look delicious!
Pop each batch of four pieces into a muffin paper, and bake it all up until nice and golden brown!
Mix up a super simple glaze made with cranberry sauce (you can use homemade or store-bought), orange juice, and powdered sugar. Drizzle that on top of your warm-from-the-oven muffins, and dig in!
It’s the easiest holiday brunch you’ll ever make – and since we’re using the pre-made dough, it’s super easy to scale the recipe up or down to make more or fewer monkey bread muffins! Just thaw one roll per monkey bread muffin. Easy peasy!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make! Be sure to leave a comment + rating if you make this recipe!
Monkey Bread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Glaze
For the Monkey Bread Muffins
- 1 bag Rhodes Thaw, Rise, & Bake Dinner Rolls, thawed You'll only need to thaw 8 rolls to make the recipe as it's written here
- 6 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp orange zest
For the Cranberry Orange Glaze
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp cranberry sauce can use homemade or store bought
- 2 tsp orange juice
- orange zest
- Prep: Make sure you've thawed your rolls according to the package directions. (I usually do mine in the fridge overnight and then let them sit on the counter for 1-2 hours before baking, like it says on the bag). Line a muffin tin with papers, and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Stir together the sugar, spices, and orange zest in a bowl.
- Make the Muffins: Cut each thawed roll into 4 pieces (kitchen scissors work great here). Roll each piece into a ball. Coat each ball in the melted butter, and then roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place 4 balls in each muffin paper.
- Bake: Bake for 16-18 minutes. The muffins will be golden brown and will have risen a fair bit in the oven.
- Make the Glaze: While the muffins bake, whisk together the glaze ingredients.
- Serve + Store: Drizzle the glaze over the muffins while they're warm. Enjoy immediately! Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temp for 1-2 days. These are best on the first day.
Order my new book: