This Cinnamon Roll Bake comes together in no time, thanks to a little help from our favorite pre-made dough. The dough bites are coated in melted butter, then cinnamon sugar, and baked to pillowy perfection! Top it all off with a buttery glaze for the most delicious brunch.
Thanks to our friends at Rhodes Bake-N-Serv for sponsoring this recipe! All opinions are my own.
This Cinnamon Roll Bake requires only a handful of simple ingredients – let’s break it down!
For the Cinnamon Roll portion you’ll need:
- About 1/2 a bag of Rhodes Thaw, Rise, & Bake Dinner Rolls
- Salted butter
- Brown Sugar
So simple! And for the glaze on top you’ll need just a few more things:
- Salted butter
- Maple syrup
- Powdered Sugar
- Milk or heavy cream
Let’s break down how to make this delicious-ness! First, cut each roll in half with a kitchen scissors. Then, dunk each piece into the melted butter, and then roll through the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place each piece in a greased pan, and bake for about 20-23 minutes.
While the cinnamon roll skillet bakes, make the glaze! It’s as simple as melting your butter, and then whisking in the powdered sugar, a splash of maple syrup and milk, and vanilla.
Drizzle that over the cinnamon roll skillet while it’s hot from the oven, and you are in business!
Make sure you dive into this while it’s still piping hot from the oven – it’s so incredibly delicious! Each bite is full of pillowy soft bread, cinnamon sugar, and a silky sweet glaze. Brunch perfection!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Skillet Cinnamon Roll Bake
For the Cinnamon Roll Bake
- 1 bag Rhodes Thaw, Rise, & Bake rolls You'll need 16 rolls for this recipe - simply thaw that amount and keep the rest in the freezer
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 and 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted (1 stick, 8 tbsp, or 113 grams)
For the Glaze
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar + 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- Prep: Thaw your 16 rolls according to the package directions (I always thaw mine in the fridge overnight and then let them rest at room temp on the counter for about 1 hour before assembling and baking). Grease a 10-inch oven safe skillet with nonstick spray and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the Cinnamon Roll Bake: Melt the butter in a small bowl. Stir together the brown sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Cut each roll in half. Dunk each piece in the butter, coating completely, then do the same in the cinnamon sugar. Place each piece snugly in the pan. Pour any leftover melted butter over the tops of the dough pieces in the pan, and sprinkle on any leftover cinnamon sugar.
- Make the Glaze: While the cinnamon roll skillet bakes, mix up the glaze. Melt the butter in a small bowl, then whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve + Store: Let the bake rest for a few minutes once out of the oven, then drizzle the glaze on top and enjoy! This is best fresh from the oven but leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for a few days.
Order my new book: