Introducing the best fall cocktail! This Apple Cider Old Fashioned is made with apple cider, maple simple syrup, a pinch of cinnamon, bourbon, and a dash of bitters. Serve with a cinnamon stick for the perfect autumn drink!
These cocktails are so ridiculously simple! I mean most cocktails are – just see my Blood Orange Bourbon Fizz, my Vanilla Maple Pear Sparkling Cocktails, or my Frozen Coconut Rum Punch! Regardless of their simplicity, all these cocktails are insanely delicious – and this Apple Cider Old Fashioned is no exception!
To make the Maple Simple Syrup, we’re just cooking maple syrup and water together on the stove – adding water may seem odd, but it really doesn’t water down the flavor at all – promise!
To assemble the cocktails, you can stir the ingredients together in a glass measuring cup – add the maple simple syrup, the bourbon, and the apple cider. Don’t forget a pinch of cinnamon and a dash or two of bitters!
Divide this between your glasses, and finish the whole thing off with a cinnamon stick!
This is the perfect, cozy fall cocktail! I know you’ll be making and sipping on these all season long. It’s the little things, right? And this is one of the simplest little treats I know how to make.
Happy autumn, and happy sipping!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make! Be sure to leave a comment + rating if you make this recipe so I can see how you liked it!
Apple Cider Old Fashioned
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- a dash of bitters, to taste
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Make the Maple Simple Syrup: Add the maple syrup and water to a small pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook, whisking, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool a bit (or pop the pot in the fridge to speed this up!)
- Assemble the Drinks: In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, add the bourbon, apple cider, cinnamon, vanilla and the maple simple syrup. Add a dash of bitters, to taste. Stir together, and divide between two glasses. Tip: You can also add everything to a shaker with ice here, if you prefer your drink chilled.
- Serve: Add a splash more bourbon or apple cider to taste. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, and enjoy!
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply