Cherry Pie Milkshakes are incredibly easy to make and they taste just like a cherry pie – without all the fuss of an actual homemade pie! Made with sweetened condensed milk for an extra creamy shake, vanilla ice cream, cherries, and graham cracker pieces. Top with whipped cream and a cherry, of course!
Thanks to Eagle Brand for sponsoring this recipe! All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible.
It’s National Cherry Pie Day and we’re celebrating in a DELICIOUS way! These shakes are SO delicious, creamy, and simple to make – it’s the perfect way to indulge on this fun food holiday.
How to Make Cherry Pie Milkshakes:
First, add your ingredients to the blender. We’re starting with a simple base of vanilla ice cream, sweetened condensed milk, and cherry pie filling.
If you happen to be making this at a time when cherries are in season, you could even make my homemade cherry sauce in place of the cherry pie filling! Find the recipe in my No Bake Black Forest Pie recipe.
I know that milkshakes are traditionally made with regular milk, but swapping in sweetened condensed milk adds such a lovely creaminess and flavor to your milkshakes – HIGHLY recommend this situation!
Blend that up, and add in some chocolate graham cracker pieces – that gives a nice bit of crunch and acts as our “pie crust”! You could also use regular graham crackers if you aren’t a huge chocolate lover (I am, obviously!).
Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream, a sprinkle more of chocolate graham crackers, and of course – a cherry!
The fun thing about this recipe (besides, you know, the whole thing!) is that you can easily tweak the recipe to make more or fewer shakes. You can makes 4 shakes with an entire can of sweetened condensed milk, or you can cut that in half or even quarter it if you only want to make one or two shakes at a time. You can always store leftover sweetened condensed milk in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days, and make more shakes later!
This shake is also fun because it’s super customizable! Don’t like vanilla ice cream? Use chocolate or cherry ice cream instead. Don’t like chocolate grahams? Use regular graham crackers instead! And, we already talked about how you can customize the recipe yield.
Regardless of how you tweak this, I hope you try a Cherry Pie Milkshake and that it brightens your day! Spring is just around the corner, friends!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Cherry Pie Milkshake
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups cherry pie filling (One 21 oz can)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract optional
- 3 sheets chocolate graham crackers, broken up
- crushed chocolate or honey graham crackers
- whipped cream
- Make the shakes: Add all shake ingredients to the blender and blend on the lowest setting (this will keep the shake from getting too runny too fast) until just combined and creamy. Stir in a handful of extra cherries and the chocolate graham pieces.
- Serve: Enjoy immediately! Serve with whipped cream, more crushed graham cracker pieces, and a cherry on top.
- A Note About Recipe Yield: If you want to make fewer milkshakes, you can cut this recipe in half or in quarters! You'll need about 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1 generous cup of ice cream, and 1/2 cup cherries per shake, plus a splash of almond extract and a handful of graham cracker pieces.If you choose to only make 1-2 shakes, store the leftover sweetened condensed milk and leftover cherry pie filling in airtight containers in the fridge for 3-4 days. Make extra shakes as desired.
Order my new book: