This is the ultimate Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake! Rich chocolate ice cream is blended with milk and peanut butter until thick and creamy. Stir in chopped peanut butter cups and serve in glasses with peanut chocolate rims. Don’t forget the whipped cream!
This post is sponsored by our friends at Oster. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Rich Chocolate Shake – These shakes are rich and full of creamy chocolate ice cream!
- Real Peanut Butter – We’re adding real peanut butter right to the blender and blending it into the shake for the best chocolate peanut butter milkshake recipe.
- Peanut Butter Cups – Stirring chopped peanut butter cups into the creamy milkshake adds a fun touch, and makes these feel like a concrete mixer!
- Simple Ingredients – This simple recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients!
As always, full measurements are given in the ingredient list in the recipe card below.
- Chocolate Ice Cream – Use any chocolate ice cream you like! You can even use a peanut butter chocolate ice cream if you want extra peanut butter flavor!
- Milk – Use whole milk, 2%, or your favorite dairy-free milk.
- Peanut Butter Cups – Use chopped pieces of your favorite chocolate peanut butter cup. I used trader joe’s, but any kind will work!
- Peanut Butter – I used creamy peanut butter, but crunchy or natural peanut butter should work as well. This is the perfect way to use up that half empty jar of peanut butter in your pantry!
- Vanilla extract – Add a dash of vanilla extract for extra flavor – and it helps enhance the chocolate!
- Gluten-free – This recipe is gluten-free as is! Just be sure any peanut butter cups you use are gluten-free.
- Dairy-free – Use your favorite dairy-free ice cream and milk to make this recipe dairy-free and vegan.
- Other Nut Butters – Feel free to use almond butter, nutella, or another nut butter if you have a peanut allergy. You could also use something like sunbutter if you can’t have nuts at all.
How to Make this Recipe Step-by-Step:
Step 1: Add Ingredients to your Blender. Combine peanut butter, milk, and chocolate ice cream in your Oster Pro Series Blender.
Step 2: Make the Shake. Blend everything using the milkshake setting, or pulse on high until everything is combined and creamy. The 1100-Watt high performance motor and XL 3-inch Stainless Steel Blade pulverize ingredients in seconds, whipping up this milkshake effortlessly!
Pour your milkshake into a tall glass and enjoy! To make things a little more fancy, you can dip your glass rims in chocolate syrup and then crushed peanuts. Stir in some peanut butter cups, and serve the whole thing up with a dollop of whipped cream for milkshake perfection. This will become one of your favorite treats in no time!
Expert Success Tips:
- Keep things cold – Don’t let your ice cream sit out before you blend it. I actually like to measure it first, then pop it back in the freezer while i add the milk and peanut butter to the blender.
- Vanilla Peanut Butter Shake – Swap sweet vanilla ice cream for chocolate ice cream if you’re not a chocolate lover.
- Peanut Butter Shake – Use peanut butter ice cream instead of chocolate if you want an all peanut butter shake.
- Nut-Free – If you need a nut-free option, try something like sun butter.
- Chocolate Chips – Stir some chocolate chips into the shake if you prefer that to the peanut butter cups.
Serving + Storing this Recipe:
Enjoy these shakes immediately! If you have any leftover for some reason, you can freeze it in a freezer safe container and enjoy it as ice cream, or re-blend it later. But don’t count on leftovers – the whole family will love this classic milkshake!
- Oster Pro Series Blender – A high-speed blender like this is essential for homemade milkshakes!
More Desserts for the Peanut Butter Lover:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup & Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Salted Peanut Butter Chocolate Tart
- Bakery-Style Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag #bluebowlrecipes with your photo! You can also post a photo of your recipe to the bluebowlrecipes Facebook page. I’d love to see what you make!
Ultimate Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshakes
For the Shake
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup milk 2%, whole milk, or your favorite dairy-free milk all work!
- chocolate syrup
- 1/2 salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter cups, roughly chopped
- whipped cream or cool whip
- Prep: Dip the rims of your milkshake glasses in chocolate syrup, and then in the crushed peanuts if desired. Pop in the freezer to chill.
- Make the Shakes: Add the milk, ice cream, and peanut butter to your Oster Pro Series Blender. Blend using the milkshake setting or pulse on medium speed until nice and creamy. Stir in the chopped peanut butter cups if desired.
- Serve + Store: Divide among your prepared glasses and top with whipped cream and and an extra sprinkle of crushed peanuts or peanut butter cups. Enjoy immediately!
Leave a Reply