Peach Milkshakes are full of the flavor of summer! A quick homemade peach pie filling is blended into vanilla bean ice cream along with milk, cinnamon, and a splash of vanilla. This is the most flavorful Peach Shake you’ll ever taste!
This post is sponsored by our friends at Oster. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible!
Why you’ll love these Peach Milkshakes:
- Peach Pie Filling – Homemade peach pie filling adds SO much depth of the peach flavor rather than just blending plain peaches into the milkshake. Make this during peach season for one of the best summer treats!
- Creamy Texture – A combination of milk and vanilla bean ice cream give the creamiest texture to this smoothie.
- Cinnamon – It’s important to add cinnamon here, so the flavor of the milkshake isn’t so one note. And cinnamon pairs perfectly with peaches!
- Peaches – Use fresh, ripe peaches for the best flavor!
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon brings out the flavor of the peaches so well.
- Milk – I used 2% milk, but whole milk also works.
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream – I prefer vanilla bean over regular vanilla ice cream. Make sure to use very cold ice cream, straight from the freezer.
- Vanilla Bean Paste – You can use regular vanilla, but this adds even better vanilla flavor to this seasonal shake.
- Dairy Free Ice Cream – You can use a dairy free vanilla bean ice cream to keep the recipe dairy free.
- Dairy Free Milk – You can also sub a non-dairy milk in if needed.
- Peach Pie Filling – If peaches are out of season, you can use frozen peaches or canned peach pie filling. But, you’ll get the absolute best flavor if you make this seasonal shake with fresh peaches.
How to Make this Peach Milkshake Recipe Step-by-Step:
Step 1: Make the Peach Pie Filling. This is an easy recipe! Make your quick peach pie filling on the stovetop by cooking fresh peach slices with sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Use a cornstarch slurry to thicken the filling. Transfer to a medium bowl to cool completely before using.
Step 2: Add to Blender. Add your ingredients to Oster’s® 3-in-1 Kitchen System with Texture Select Settings. Start with the milk, then add the peach filling, ice cream, vanilla, and cinnamon.
Step 3: Blend. Blend to creamy perfection, using the thick setting. This blender’s 1200-watt motor handles thick drinks like this effortlessly.
Step 4: Serve. Pour the milkshakes into glasses, and spoon some of the extra peach pie filling on top, with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, a pinch of cinnamon, and a cinnamon stick. These look just like a shake you’d get at an ice cream counter during the summer months!
Expert Success Tips:
- Ripe Peaches – Ripe, juicy peaches will have a bit of give or squish to them. If they’re a bit bruised, they’ll still work just fine in this recipe. I don’t recommend using underripe peaches. Another great way to tell if peaches are ripe is to give them a smell – they should smell like fresh summer peaches.
- Extra Peach Pie Filling – Puree some of the extra peach pie filling if desired, and swirl it around the inside of your milkshake glasses to get that pretty marbled pictured. It makes these shakes look like they were made the old-fashioned way, at an ice cream counter!
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Use good quality vanilla ice cream for great flavor. That’s important with simple ingredients like these.
- Other Pie Fillings – This recipe formula will work with other fruit fillings as well. Try using your favorite cherry or apple pie fillings, or even get really creative and use plums!
- Dairy-Free – Substitute dairy free milk and ice cream for a dairy free and vegan milkshake.
Serving + Storing this Recipe:
You can actually freeze the milkshake mixture for later, if desired, and enjoy it as a peach ice cream. It’s almost like a peaches and cream ice cream, actually!
- Sundae Glasses – These are similar to the sundae glasses I used (which are now discontinued).
- Oster Blender – Grab your Oster® 3-in-1 Kitchen System with Texture Select Settings from Amazon and get to blending up these delicious peach milkshakes!
These Peach Shakes are a great recipe for your summer entertaining needs! I could call this one of those copycat recipes people are always talking about, but this seasonal treat is even better than the peach shakes from Chick-Fil-A!
More Peach Recipes Full of the Seasonal Flavors of Summer:
- Blueberry Peach Cobbler
- Salted Caramel Peach Hand Pies
- Vegan Peach Cobbler
- Peach Salsa
- Peach Cupcakes
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
For the Peach Pie Filling
- 4 large fresh peaches, diced About 4 cups or 1.5 lbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp brown sugar Add the extra sugar to taste
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 and 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1 and 1/2 tsp water
For the Peach Milkshakes
- 3/4 cup milk
- two thirds of the peach pie filling, from above
- 3 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Or vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon plus more to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
- extra peach pie filling
- cinnamon sticks
- whipped cream
- Make the Peach Pie Filling: Add diced peaches, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Cook for 6 minutes. It will be quite bubbly. Stir the corn starch and water together in a small bowl and stir into the peach mixture. Cook for 1 minute, then remove from the heat immediately and transfer to a medium bowl to cool completely in the fridge (it takes just 10-15 minutes to cool in the freezer!).
- Make the Milkshakes: Add the milk, peach pie filling, ice cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg to your blender. Blend until everything is combined into a creamy milkshake.
- Serve + Store: Pour into glasses and top with the remaining peach pie filling, whipped cream, and a cinnamon stick. Leftover milkshake mixture can be frozen and enjoyed later as ice cream.
This post contains affiliate links.