Is there any dessert more versatile or delicious than the blondie? Hint: No. These Double Chocolate Blondies are made with six basic ingredients and two mix-ins – chocolate chips + white chocolate chips. These truly are the super-stars of low maintenance desserts!
Can you believe that June is about over? How is the summer going by so fast! We have a summer bucket list and I feel like we have done NOTHING on it so far! Okay that’s not entirely true – we’ve gone on a picnic (for which I made some epic chocolate donuts that are coming to the blog soon!), gone thrifting/antiquing, and we have a camping trip planned for next month!
Other items we have yet to accomplish: go swimming, go strawberry picking (I think we may have missed the window for that one, sadly!), take a trip to Door County, bike around the lake, and hit up Downtown Milwaukee for the most amazing fireworks (the finale to Festa Italiana). So much excitement for these things!
Do you have summer bucket lists? Or are we just weirdos? Haha! I’d love to hear what you’ve got planned for this summer!
Oh, and obviously, I’ll be munching on these blondies ALL. THE. TIME. It’s sort of an honorary bucket list addition. I hadn’t made blondies in ages but Grant and I were hangry for some dessert the other night but feeling a little lazy at the same time. I remembered how EASY blondies are to make – 6 basic ingredients and 30 minutes from start-to-finish – and in no time we were happily munching on these warm, gooey bars of deliciousness.
White chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips were our mix-ins of choice but you have my full permission to go wild here. Pecans, walnuts, butterscotch chips, caramel? All acceptable (and encouraged) options here! These blondies are even good plain – but I prefer a little crunch here and there, so I love some chocolate chips scattered throughout. Drizzle a little extra chocolate on top if you’re feelin’ fancy – which we usually are.
Yum, yum, yum. If you start now you can be munching on these in 30 minutes flat. Get out a glass of cold milk!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo!
Double Chocolate Blondies
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- extra chocolate, for drizzling optional
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside
- Mix it up: Melt the butter in a medium mixing bowl and add the sugar, whisking to combine. Add the egg, vanilla, and salt and whisk again to combine. Add the flour, and whisk until combined. Stir in your mix-ins of choice (we used 3/4 cup each of white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips). Pour the batter (it will be pretty thick) into the prepared pan.
- Bake + Store: Bake 23-26 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center will likely have some moist crumbs on it, but it shouldn't have wet batter on it. If you want to cut into sturdy squares, let cool completely first. These blondies are SUPER good when they're still warm, but they won't cut into as neat of squares. Store leftovers (a problem we never have) at room temperature, covered with foil/plastic wrap for up to 5 days.
Order my new book: